It's Friday! - 9/6/2013 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Man where has the year gone? Seems like it's flying by.

I think my parents are bring the RV over to stay this weekend. I've got some wall patch work to get done and fix a small leak in a waterline tonight. Saturday I've got to cook for our company picnic, I usually help setup and take down as well, so probably some pool time and barley pop for me when it's all over. Sunday I'm going to try to get the dresser drawers and drawer fronts built.

What's everyone else got going?

I'm installing "winter covers" on my window air conditioners, one on the 1st floor level, the other on the 2nd floor. The latter will be a challenge as access is awkward & I'm not comfortable on a ladder. This will be the first time I'm leaving the AC units in the windows during the winter; I've always removed them & replaced them in the spring with the help of neighbors. I no longer want to impose on friends for this. Hopefully I can install the covers & insulate the areas that will be functional & aesthetically acceptable???

Once this is done, I need to practice some golf as there is a match coming up with good friends that I've been looking forward to.

The girl has a sleepover with grandma tonight!! So watch out if you're close to Des Moines tonght...the wife and I are free to do whatever we want.:eek: :D

Tomorrow there is a bday party for my neice and then Sunday I will be at the lathe sweating like crazy.

And Al, be careful on that ladder. :thumb:

The usual - I work weekends, but counting down to the end of September. Been working on the bubba truck to get it ready to tow. New hitch, weight distribution system with sway control, electric break controller and steps to get into the truck. Controller is in. Got some drilling to do on the trailer A frames for the sway control. The bench seat is gone and buckets with a console are in. Later some upholstery, but I am no longer sitting in a hole, stretching to reach the pedals. All in all a good thing! Hope to get the steps mounted this weekend. Next weekend the first load goes to Arizona.

Have today and Saturday off. Saturday one of my grand daughters is having a birthday party so we will be going over to their home for awhile. Working on Sunday.

Starting on a box for my daughter today. I've been dieing to try out the new incra ibox. I have a really unusual looking rough cherry board, looks like it's all sap wood or almost looks like poplar. It's 4/4 8"x10' so it's not sapwood.It won't work for the hutch I've been procrastinating on but should be fine for the box. Even Larry wasn't sure what it is:dunno: I'm 99% sure it's cherry because When I bought the 100 bf of common cherry the mill brought the lift over and unstrapped it for me. When I picked through the boards I didn't notice the difference at the time.

Friday: Some continued shop organization. Also need to do some sanding (least favorite operation) on the book stand and candle holders for a neighbor's church.

Saturday: More of the above early in the day, then settle in for the Richmond race to see what the final lineup is for the Chase.

Sunday: Hopefully, a relaxing day for a change. I need some rest!!!

No big plans for the weekend. Need to get out the pool cues and brush up my game a bit...I'm starting back playing league pool (both 8-ball and 9-ball) next Monday. Also plan to do some tweaking to my guitar rig (and work on a few more songs) between now and our next gig (Tuesday).

Happy new year to you Allen and family.
Well, I have the usual chores, but also going to be mounting new (to me) tires on the team wagon and installing a new to me driver's seat. Then I need to spread urea on the hayfield in the hopes we get more growth in time for a 3rd cutting. Team will be out both days spreading urea then have a couple loads to spread of manure with the first load already forked on.

My mother was cremated this past Tuesday and we are going to bury her and my father on their property at the end of the month when I travel up there.

Well we were up early today and went whale watching. Fantastic trip will post some pics another time.
Stopped by another Woodcraft to pick up an additional two carving chisels already needed to expand the set.:)
Its nice when you have your wife carving tool buying is easy then. :)
Then we went to the Hampton Beach seafood festival and stuffed ourselves with seafood and some good live bands. We came back earlish to pack up ready to leave in the am. Burnt like a red tomatoe so we gonna have an early night.

We on the move in the AM early again trying to get to Winter Island , Salem MA. We hope if lucky to overnight there and tomorrow we want to be sightseeing in Boston....my personal favorite city in the US. (hey didnt it all start here. :) FREEDOM!!!!. If we can pull it off we hope to be on a harbor cruise for brunch. A tall order but hey worth trying. That way we get to see USS Constitution too.

Then Sunday its down to Cape Cod. First time visit and some beach and hopefully Bob flyfishing. :) Still got to get my state permit but i need to find a place i can print .

So our journey continues.

Enjoy your weekend.