Quick Router Bit Tray

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
No biggie, just a quick easy little router bit holder I made.

Made out of scrap pegboard and ply. Drilled some 1/2" holes for the larger shank bits.

Got tired of having them running around in my router tool box (Actually an old fishing tackle box). Sure I could have the bits in seperate sections in the box, but this just makes it easier to see whats what.
attachment.php

Attachments

• FWW-4136.jpg
    FWW-4136.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 172
I like it! Is it going to set inside of a drawer or something? Or are you putting drawer glides on it?

Just setting in a drawer in my router table. Unfortunately, the bit tall blue one is too tall for the drawer it's going into! :rolleyes:

But that's the longest bit I have so it's not a deal breaker. I might drill almost all the way through the plywood bottom for it to see if I can get it to fit.

I'm finding that once I get all my drawers built, I'll be spending even more time making drawer organizers...

If you get a chance to pick up any AZEK scraps off of a job site, 1" Azek makes an awesome tray. I tested it to see if it would make the shanks rust, and it was actually better than the white oak I was using.

Azek is a plastic trim wood replacement.

The other Larry

Im going to chime in here.

You should not have put all 4 sides on that and sealed it like a box.

You will eventually drop something small through one of those holes and spend 2 hours trying to retrieve it, then finally rip the sides off.

I did think about that Allen.

Especially after I drilled the holes and was tying to get all the chips out... :rolleyes:

Figure I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Can always just drill a hole in the bottom with a hole saw and plug it back up like a piggy bank... :D