Delta Tools Sold

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
From the WOOD Magazine web site

Stanley Black & Decker sells off Delta line of woodworking tools

Written on January 10, 2011 at 10:30 am, by Bob Hunter

Stanley Black & Decker, the conglomerate that has, for the past year, owned five of the major brands in woodworking tools (Stanley, Bostitch, DeWalt, Porter-Cable, and Delta), has sold the Delta line of stationary and benchtop tools and machines to a start-up company, Delta Power Equipment. A source inside Stanley Black & Decker confirmed this morning that the deal was finalized late Friday. He said no jobs would be cut at the manufacturing facility in Jackson, Tennessee, where Delta made its Unisaw tablesaw and radial-arm saw.
The new company is a combination of a Taiwanese manufacturer (TOTY) and several U.S. businessmen. Delta Power Equipment will locate in Anderson, South Carolina, according to a press release from the South Carolina Department of Commerce. The company will invest $3.6 million in a new facility and create 40 new jobs.
“The new facility will allow Delta Power Equipment to continue its tradition of providing top-notch woodworking equipment to our customers,” said Bryan Whiffen, president and CEO. “We look forward to establishing our new operations in Anderson County. South Carolina provided us with the positive business environment and market access we were looking for when deciding where to locate. We appreciate all the support we have received from state and local officials.”
Whiffen is a former vice president with One World Technologies/TTI, maker of Ryobi, Ridgid, and Milwaukee power tools. Although this new facility will be located close to the TTI plant in Anderson, the two companies are not related. I was not able to contact Whiffen or anyone with Delta Power Equipment.
Bob Hunter
Tools Editor
WOOD Magazine

Wouldn't it be good to see the rebirth of the Delta of old?

Ain't gonna happen!

The company that bought Delta is the same company that owns Ryobi, and also makes tools for Craftsman and Ridgid. It's a Chinese owned parent, registered in (I believe) Taiwan.

From the sound of things, the huge facility in South Carolina - with only 40 employees - will be a warehouse/distribution center, not a factory.

Ain't gonna happen!

The company that bought Delta is the same company that owns Ryobi, and also makes tools for Craftsman and Ridgid. It's a Chinese owned parent, registered in (I believe) Taiwan.

From the sound of things, the huge facility in South Carolina - with only 40 employees - will be a warehouse/distribution center, not a factory.

Taiwanese manufacturer (TOTY) and several U.S. businessmen. Is the company that bought Delta According to the author.
And One World Technologies/TTI, maker of Ryobi, Ridgid, and Milwaukee power tools.
So unless they are the same company with different names some one has made a mistake :rofl::rofl:

I think a re-read of the article will answer that question. I hope they do something wonderful with the products (fingers crossed). I walk right by Delta gear when shopping now-days. Milwaukee Delta, Delta Rockwell, Delta Machinery, Delta TOTY . . . .