why this is family!

larry merlau

well its common knowlege that Tom Nieme is a friend of mine, and has been for some time. well you also know hes got the wood workin bug:thumb: well i have given him some assitance when ever i can doing one thing or another, and last night he repaid me big time,, and he never owed me a dime.. he invited me over to have supper with him and meet his soon to be daughter in law. ended up i meet the whole family:):thumb: but the best part of all this is he had a box that he made settin on the table and handed it to me:eek: it had ben one that i had let him use the saw for and i even went withim to get the hinges,, never sawit comin..he got me good.. had great meal, good conversation and best of all,,,got to see his family and the reason this family is where its at today.. tom is a great example of why i am here in this forum...we are Family and not just bytes and megs to another!!! thanks tom for the BOX and the great friendship you have given me!!!!!

p.s the liquid refreshment was good to:D:thumb:

Last edited:
Glad you had good time with Tom and all. I wish I could have been there but there will more ocasions.
And congratulations for the box! Can we see it??

It's always a pleasure to give something to someone that does not expect something :D No repayment, just something I wanted to do. Larry thought that this box was for the box swap and the puzzlement in his face when it was on the table front and center, priceless :D That was fun for me. Thanks for everything Larry :thumb:
OK Training is thru for the upcomming tour dewood and Larry passed with flying colors. So you folk on the list he's trained and up for the task, be prepared your about to meet one heck of a guy
Allen I keep a large can of beverage in my kegerator for just such things :D

Thanks Larry we all had fun last night. Dee seemed to like you and I hope you did also, she is a special girl and she is going to be around for a long time. And I Will post the Flat wood project, After I finish it.
Chuck I Believe that Dad Is expecting some booty in that box. :D

Well... after seeing that box, mine is not a box at all but some sort of container if I have to call it something. If at the begining I wasn't happy with it, now I'm close to throw it away:(.

That is a great box Tom, I'd like to have seen Larry's face when he got it!!

thats what i thought was going on but figured i had better check ,,never been to one of those in over30 yrs,, didnt realize they still do it..are yu part of them groups?

believe it or not, its still done all over the country. matter of fact, i ran ours 2 years in a row. my wife and i went to the new location of the rendezvous of a club that i used to belong to, and she said that she would like it, if it weren't so primitive. i married a girly-girl...:rofl: