Some one likes me

Today a customer comes in the shop so I can follow him to a storage unit about 35 miles away to pick up a period side board and dinning room to do some preservation work to. When he walks in he hands me this period flip top Cuban Mahogany table asks me if I wanted....Heck Ya ! The table has a broken leg that is pretty shattered. SO I start looking for some S.American mahogany because of its golden color. I look through all the bins and nothing the size I need. OK I give up. I called Jack and said it's time to head home and he is ready with tail wagging. I open the door to the van and look over my shoulder and see a pallet, it looks heavy I go over and take a look and I see mahogany as the main supports to the pallet which was used to transport marble to the shop next store. I take it inside and WA_LA ! South American golden mahogany. I get the leg and , ya baby it's a fit. How sweet is that ! I'll post pic's tomorrow.

Today a customer comes in the shop so I can follow him to a storage unit about 35 miles away to pick up a period side board and dinning room to do some preservation work to. When he walks in he hands me this period flip top Cuban Mahogany table asks me if I wanted....Heck Ya ! The table has a broken leg that is pretty shattered. SO I start looking for some S.American mahogany because of its golden color. I look through all the bins and nothing the size I need. OK I give up. I called Jack and said it's time to head home and he is ready with tail wagging. I open the door to the van and look over my shoulder and see a pallet, it looks heavy I go over and take a look and I see mahogany as the main supports to the pallet which was used to transport marble to the shop next store. I take it inside and WA_LA ! South American golden mahogany. I get the leg and , ya baby it's a fit. How sweet is that ! I'll post pic's tomorrow.

Im waiting on my wood guy to get a load of south american mahogany.
I have some but want a few hundred bf.
You get in a jam, meet me halfway like south jersey, Ill bring what you need.and I can give you larrys piece of chestnut

Pic's added

Vaughn McMillan Isn't it great when a plan comes together? Amen to that :thumb:

Attachments

• IMAGE_273.jpg
    IMAGE_273.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMAGE_272.jpg
    IMAGE_272.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMAGE_271.jpg
    IMAGE_271.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 23
Im waiting on my wood guy to get a load of south american mahogany.
I have some but want a few hundred bf.
You get in a jam, meet me halfway like south jersey, Ill bring what you need.and I can give you larrys piece of chestnut
Allen there are a couple marble and granite shop around that get these pallets in. You should check them out in Jersey. I know there are a lot of them up that way. They give the pallets away. I would not tell them what you need them for or they may hit you up. But if you would like to come down we can check out a few around DC metro area.

BTW I forgot how hard some of this wood can be. The pallet is winning this war.

Last edited: