Throwing a little light on an oddment of Laburnum

Looks good Chas, I have some leftover spalted hackberry that I plan on using for some similar "little lights" Well Done :thumb:

The picture isn't showing up, Chas. :huh:

[Edited later to add...]
OK...now it's visible. Looks very nice, Chas. Great grain in the wood, and the shape shows it off nicely.

...I have made a few of those. They sell pretty well here.

I have a fair quantity of such pieces Bernie, problem I have is what to use them for, if it is something that will just collect dust it is not very welcome around here, although I have an outlet as long as they don't involve too many man hours, turning them into intricate boxes etc. is hard to justify on sale price achievable at a local level.

Thanks for the comments Guys, does wonders for the ego.:)

Chas,
I've never heard of that wood but it's gorgeous I love the light & dark colors & the grain........Chuck

It is pretty spectacular when in flower,
P5086546.jpg

Unfortunately it is poisonous if ingested, especially the seeds so caution need with children in the garden.

An even bigger spring display HERE

I have a fair quantity of such pieces Bernie, problem I have is what to use them for, if it is something that will just collect dust it is not very welcome around here, although I have an outlet as long as they don't involve too many man hours, turning them into intricate boxes etc. is hard to justify on sale price achievable at a local level.

Thanks for the comments Guys, does wonders for the ego.:)

Nice Chas.
I make some oil lamps that are simmalar and they sell well around here also.
I have the same problem with the Boxes too much time involed making them and people around here are not willing to pay a large price for a small item.
Jim

Very beautiful wood and looks like a beautiful tree for a garden. It looks like what we use to have called a gold chain tree or something like that, although I'm sure it is not.

Love the oil lamps and that wood is made (err grown) for them.

I'll be darn, I planted one once, couldn't get it to grow good and after about 4years it died. I think if I was younger, I'd try again, and work harder at it, just for the wood.

I didn't know they were poisonous at the time I had one.

PS. I checked out yout website. You have turned some very nice items...

Last edited: