Shotgun day.... Day 2

Shotgun day is what the day turned out to be. Had too much on my mind to do any serious wood cutting or layout, but needed to do something. I thought of the push block that Stu posted in a Jig and fixtures thread and made one of those littler rougher looking than stu's but it works:D Next I looked over at a couple of dado jigs that I copied from Glenn Bradly, that needed to be finished so that got marked off the todo list also. By the way, thanks Glenn!:thumb:.

Walked over to the sanding center I put together and figured I'd clean up the old belt/disc sander. I had some new belts for a while but just never got around to changing it. Got that done but then realized the belt wouldn't track in the center of the wheel. Some how part of the adjuster assembly got bent. So I took that apart, straightened it out and now that's fixed:thumb: The photo shows the part that was bent. It is very soft steel. Geez I'm on a roll:rofl: I next set my sight on my DW 733 planer. With 160 bf of sapele to work over it was time to install the new blades that I bought last fall. That went pretty smoothly as I had taken the blades out last summer and hit'em a lick with a sharping stone until I got the new ones so the process was still kinda fresh in the brain.

After that I did 2 loads of laundry, made dinner, and swept the kitchen floor:thumb: How was your day:eek:

Here's some photos to go along with the story!

IMG_8736 (Small).jpg

IMG_8737 (Small).jpg

IMG_8739 (Small).jpg

IMG_8752 (Small).jpg

IMG_8734 (Small).jpg

IMG_8740 (Small).jpg

IMG_8745 (Small).jpg

IMG_8746 (Small).jpg

IMG_8751 (Small).jpg

Last edited:
Great day.

Where are the pics of you in your apron sweeping the floors???:huh::D

Hey, my day is going just fine, no need to see those pics :eek:

Royall, looks like you had a great day!

BTW, if you have any more of them safety push pads around, you can make more than one push pad for the tablesaw. The one you show is good for smaller stuff, but one about 6" wide is really nice for the bigger boards, that are just too small to put through by hand.

Cheers!

Shotgun day....

That's why I'll use "The Grr-Ripper (or however it's spelled :rofl:)

And thanks again.

Aloha, Tony

Attachments

• Lee Valley 06 (600 x 450).jpg
    Lee Valley 06 (600 x 450).jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 36
That's why I'll use "The Grr-Ripper (or however it's spelled :rofl:)

And thanks again.

Aloha, Tony

That's spelled right but, just in case there is a misunderstanding . . . it is not a floatie toy for the pool :D.

Royal, what a great day. I love it when a day goes like that; line 'em up and knock 'em down.

Nice start to the day, but what did you do after lunch.:D:rofl: Please enough bad mental imagges floating around here(spandex) dont need to see you in a maid outfit.:D:wave:

Well I went out to the shop today and decided it was time to take the saw off the mobile base.:eek: It hasn't move sense I parked it where it is and I see no reason to move it:D It's a hassle to clean around too. Started out taking the out feed table off then the fence rail and the right extension table. Pulled the wings off and Troy (my neighbor) helped lift the saw off the base. Cleaned the saw innards out and loosened the top up and rest the miter slot to the blade. Got the saw back together and adjusted the fence to the miter slot and zeroed the blade and rest the TS Wixey and courser on the fence. Set the blade to 90* with the other Wixey and still had time to sweep shop up! Now what to do with the old mobile base:huh: Probably put it in the attic untile I die and let someone else wonder about
it:rofl:

The one thing I wish I had done while the saw was apart is seal up the inside dust tray/baffle/shelf or what ever it's called with duct tape. Just too much sawdust leaks out underneath the machine. But I forgot:rolleyes::(:dunno:
Whats wrong with the calipers??? I'll tell you what's wrong with it. I can't read it anymore:eek::rofl::rofl: I use to use this for building transmissions but then along came digital and I used it and put this one away (Dad used it for reloading bullets years ago) When I quit turning wrenches I sold the digital (like a big dummy) and now I can't see the small lines good enough to read the darn thing:D

IMG_8753 (Small).jpg

IMG_8754 (Small).jpg

IMG_8757 (Small).jpg

IMG_8758 (Small).jpg

IMG_8767 (Small).jpg

IMG_8768 (Small).jpg

IMG_8769 (Small).jpg

IMG_8775 (Small).jpg

IMG_8778 (Small).jpg

IMG_8780 (Small).jpg

Royal,

I don’t sere any bellows or pipes in the background of your pictures. Got that all done already and have it sitting in your house?:rofl::rofl: Got pictures of it?;)

Chuck I'd love to start in on the organ build but I'm starting a big job and just won't have room or time for a couple of months Did you see all that Sapele in the photos:D Glad I'm out of reach of Allen or he'd be over trying to add it to his horde!! You know how he likes Sapele/Mahogany:rofl:

BTW, if you have any more of them safety push pads around, you can make more than one push pad for the tablesaw. The one you show is good for smaller stuff, but one about 6" wide is really nice for the bigger boards, that are just too small to put through by hand.

Cheers!

I've got 3 more. Two of them the pads are still soft and usable. The other one (mate to the one I modified) is in another box somewhere. When I come across it I'll make the bigger one you mentioned.:thumb:

IM all stacked and racked, and ready to work now.
I cant fit another piece of wood in the garage.
The walnut has filled the racks to the max.
I even sorted through my sapele/mahogany/spanish cedar and wrote down the sizes so I can get to it when I need too.

while I was measuring some of that brown stuff to see if it was long enough.
My neighbor walked by this week, saw me unloading and piling, asked me if Im expecting 40 days and 40 nights of rain.

Attachments

• wood stuff 761 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 761 (Medium).jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 27
  • wood stuff 759 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 759 (Medium).jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 28
  • wood stuff 777 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 777 (Medium).jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
IM all stacked and racked, and ready to work now.
I cant fit another piece of wood in the garage.
The walnut has filled the racks to the max.
I even sorted through my sapele/mahogany/spanish cedar and wrote down the sizes so I can get to it when I need too.

while I was measuring some of that brown stuff to see if it was long enough.
My neighbor walked by this week, saw me unloading and piling, asked me if Im expecting 40 days and 40 nights of rain.

Good grief Allen!:eek: What are you going to do with all that wood??:dunno: I agree with your neighbor. Looks like your going to build it and build it bit:rofl:
I can see now I do need to get something up on my walls to free up some floor space:(

Well I got the Rennie Special finished.:thumb: Couldn't get it done on Sunday because I had to take care of Cathie,:( but today I got it together and box of clamps finally emptied. Not too many people have two sets of corner clamps....:rofl::rofl: and like a lot of my small stuff, it was picked up at garage sales years ago before I knew what I wanted or needed.:dunno: I did get a new nick name from my neighbor today.:rolleyes: He came over this morning while I was building the the rack. He asked me where my plans were. I showed him Rennie's photos on the computer and he says to me "in other words you're just scabbing something together!" :eek::eek:I asked him why he thought I was scabbing and he says "well.. you're not using plans or making measurements!" I tried to explain to him I see what I want and can build something this basic with out wasting time drawing it out.. Rennie already did that!:thumb::D:D

IMG_8782 (Small).jpg

IMG_8783 (Small).jpg

IMG_8784 (Small).jpg

IMG_8785 (Small).jpg