Loupe Box

Stuart Ablett

I recently bought a nice little loupe, for looking at the sharpened edges of tools. I'm finding it to be useful to really understand what is "Sharp". I imagine it would be of use for picking slivers out of my fingers as well :rolleyes:

I'm concerned it will get knocked around in my workshop, so I turned this little box out of Maple.

Nothing special, but, I did use the new CI Mini tools and boy they worked sweet!
loupe_box2.jpg loupe_box_bottom.jpg loupe_box_inside.jpg

Last edited:
Cool box, Stu. I gotta ask though, how do you hold the loupe and the tweezers at the same time if you're removing a splinter from (assumedly) your other hand? :D Do you hold it with your eye...monocle style? (I wear glasses, so I've always had to hold the loupe with one hand.)

Cool box, Stu. I gotta ask though, how do you hold the loupe and the tweezers at the same time if you're removing a splinter from (assumedly) your other hand? :D Do you hold it with your eye...monocle style? (I wear glasses, so I've always had to hold the loupe with one hand.)

Well, maybe getting slivers out of someone else's hand, or someone getting slivers out of my hand :dunno:

Still, it works great and boy can you see the edge on a tool with this thing :thumb:

Dealing with rough lumber lately, my hands have been picking up plenty of splinters. I've got something like this, basically tweezers with a magnifying glass, but I'm giving some thought to ordering these with the light!

image.aspx

http://www.duluthtrading.com/search/searchresults/96223.aspx

Dealing with rough lumber lately, my hands have been picking up plenty of splinters. I've got something like this, basically tweezers with a magnifying glass, but I'm giving some thought to ordering these with the light!

I've had one with a light before, and it was a waste of electricity. The light persistently pointed at an area I couldn't quite see through the magnifying glass...