Just because I could...

Don Taylor

Former Member (by the member's request)
Well the last two cabinets are hung! :eek:
I walked round and round and round my table saw island for ten minutes just because I could do it without hollering great obscenities!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The radial arm saw on my lift table is the first effort of my reconditioning/modifying the base cabinets for the cutoff station. :huh:

100_2261.jpg

100_2262.jpg

100_2264.jpg

100_2265.jpg

The band saw will end up further out from the wall, it's just stuffed in there right now.

Now to just trim them up a bit and stuff them full. :thumb:

This old man is tired. :eek:

DT

He Don, you could live in that place of yours, a stereo set, laptop, TV, only I miss the coffeepot, a big need for me.
What kind of music you like? I'm listening the whole day to the local radio station, much better than what the NOS (Dutch radio station) have to offer.
But what I have to say about your cabinets, TOPCLASS. :thumb:

It's looking better all the time, Don. I think you're the only guy I know with a DC port for his TV. (Must be for when you're watching Norm videos.) :rofl:

Very nice Don

And...don't listen to them...they are just jealous because of those "green boxes" under the Stereo:)...................me too....:D

Regards
niki

He Don, you could live in that place of yours, a stereo set, laptop, TV, only I miss the coffeepot, a big need for me.
What kind of music you like? I'm listening the whole day to the local radio station, much better than what the NOS (Dutch radio station) have to offer.
But what I have to say about your cabinets, TOPCLASS. :thumb:

I drink instant Folgers Coffee Ad! :dunno::

I couldn't do without my coffee either.
It's back there next to the sugar... ;)

See my coffee warmer on the work table? :thumb:

My cup being on that piece of cardboard means it is empty and I'm closing up for the night. :D

I like folk music but I also listen to a lot of different types of easy listening music.
I have my laptop hooked up to that stereo and I play music from my collection off my backup drive in the house.
The network picks up really good out in the shop.

SettingUp_108.jpg

DT

Last edited:
It's looking better all the time, Don. I think you're the only guy I know with a DC port for his TV. (Must be for when you're watching Norm videos.) :rofl:

The one I like is above the laptop Vaughn, you should see my download speeds! :eek:

I'm with you Don. I seem to get a twisted sort of thrill when I'm able to walk across the shop for something, not trip on the way and actually find that what I went after is where it belongs. Oh joy of joys.

Don -

Do you accept visitors? Looks like you have a woodworker's tourist attraction with your shop. I will be in G'ville the week after Christmas and might be able to visit if you allow. I will warn you though, I drool a lot when visiting places like yours.

George

Don -

Do you accept visitors? Looks like you have a woodworker's tourist attraction with your shop. I will be in G'ville the week after Christmas and might be able to visit if you allow. I will warn you though, I drool a lot when visiting places like yours.

George

Welcome any time George!

I am a day sleeper. Never have been able to sleep at night.
After three in the afternoon would be best for me.

Give me a call before you come and I will set off a bomb to wake me up earlier if need be. :rofl: (bad ears)

Frustration

Ya know, every time I get my shop to where I think it's OK, along comes some Mensche that makes me re-think my decisions.

This is one of those times...............
Birch paneling for God's sake.

Ya know, every time I get my shop to where I think it's OK, along comes some Mensche that makes me re-think my decisions.

This is one of those times...............
Birch paneling for God's sake.

That's half inch Luan plywood Robert.
I sure am glad it "Looks" like Birch.

This way I can put "hangydows" all over the shop without having to hit a stud. (If weight is not a factor)
To me, sheet rock in a shop is a huge pain in the hind quarters.
I'm the guy who flips a board around and pokes holes in it! :rofl:

This way every inch of the wall is useable for storage of some sort.
Not to mention I love the exposed wood look.

The left over pieces you see there on the cart will be used to trim it all out after the main wall surfaces have been put to work. I'll make light/elect. outlet plates and run a thin strip all the way around the room where the sheet rock and plywood meet. (And down to the floor where the plywood sheets meet.)

Why? :dunno:

Because I can, Because I want to, but mostly because it will be bunches of fun. ;)

When everything is finally in it's place, something like this will go down on the floor in the walkways.

914_large.jpg

DT

Luan

Don,
That's the best looking Luan I've ever seen. Most of what I can get looks like Luan......sort of.

I agree with the sheet-rock comment. I had a top tire of my old 20" bandsaw blow up and after the big piece crushed my finger, it went clean through the drywall across the shop and stuck there like an arrow. Wifey wasn't too happy with that. Not the big hole; with my crushed finger tip. She made me get rid of the saw and buy a new one :rolleyes:.

Anyhoo, your shop looks great.

Hey Don, is that spiral tube there so you can just stick one of those Titebond bottles in it to have it transported to where you are working at the time?
Kinda like what they use at a Bank drive-thru.

A really nice shop, that is.

Hey Don, is that spiral tube there so you can just stick one of those Titebond bottles in it to have it transported to where you are working at the time?
Kinda like what they use at a Bank drive-thru.

A really nice shop, that is.

Before I got the blast gates installed I found that my coffee jars were the perfect size to cover or plug a 4" hole.

Although... Hm-m-m-m-m :huh:

Waste not want not. ;)

DT