Attrations in Orlando Florida???

Al killian

The boss has mad it offical, we are going to Orlando for vacation when the rugrats get a week off in may. So, what should I check out while they play at the amusment places?

You should play with them, of course.

Hey, I had a good time at the Magic Kingdom. Well, except for Space Mountain. Didn't like that much.

I highly recommend a visit to Kennedy Space Center. Two things to note - you can get decent discounts by picking up one of the free coupon books at a visitor center when you cross into Florida. Also, Kennedy is very generous in that you can come back for a second day (free) on the same ticket. That's good, as I think it's very hard to see the whole place in one day.

If I went in May I'd be wanting to visit one of the waterparks also.

We went for 8 days in Dec 2006. We flew in on a Friday and drove straight out to KSC for the tour, and we hoped a launch since there was supposed to be one the night before we left but it was scrubbed. We spent the night out there and ate at one of my favorite restaruants, Dixie Crossroads in Titusville. Then we went to Disney and stayed on site for 7 days which was a great vacation. We were busy every day having fun. We also went to a waterpark which was deserted because it was "only" 72. Disney isn't cheap, but they know how to treat you right from what we saw. We already promised my daughter we'd go back when she's 10.

Then we went to Disney and stayed on site for 7 days ... Disney isn't cheap, but they know how to treat you right from what we saw.

:bonkers::eek::bonkers::eek:
7 days on site at Disney? Did you score some sort of a deal?

You're right, though, that they sure know how to treat you right. I was noticing how most employees at typical seasonal midways and amusement parks are high school and college-age kids doing a "McJob" of it. Whereas the majority of the Disney employees that I saw were regular adults, and I'm guessing that was their regular career.

Still, with four kids, paying for six tickets for one day was pricey enough for this Canuck.

(hey, what a coincidence. We were also supposed to see a launch at Kennedy -- our second day there was Dec 6, 2007, and the launch was also scrubbed. We ended up watching it over the Internet 2 months later.)

:bonkers::eek::bonkers::eek:
7 days on site at Disney? Did you score some sort of a deal?

1 kid makes it much more affordable. We did get some pretty good deals though. One thing we found was that the meal packages were a pretty good deal. We also joined AAA and got a Disney Visa which got us some discounts, we didn't rush buying our plane tickets because we were going to drive if needed, and we also didn't do much else in the way of travel that year.

BTW, we did see the launch which was delayed 2 days, but we were standing out in front of Magic Kingdom when it went up. It is very suprising how visible it is from that far away. That is actually the second one I've seen. When I was in college I saw one from the Air Force base where they have a countdown timer and loudspeakers set up so you know exactly what is going on. Watching a shuttle launch is an awesome sight.

1 kid makes it much more affordable. We did get some pretty good deals though. One thing we found was that the meal packages were a pretty good deal. We also joined AAA and got a Disney Visa which got us some discounts,

Yeah, one child cuts your price in half compared to us. I didn't look at the meal packages, so I don't know what they offer. I did know about AAA/CAA benefits. But the Disney Visa is a new one..

Hmm, ahhh, I see why I've never heard of it:
"Disney Rewards Visa Card available to U.S. residents only, 18 and older "

I plan on going to some of the stuff with them, but I can not do lots of walking. Also can not do rides that jar you around.:( They are going to do there stuff in the moring, then around lunch we will meet up and spend the rest of the day doing family things. I will look into the Aquarium. She already has plans to go to the space station. Thanks for the tips on where to go.