Am I allowed to post Canadian Flag pens?

Mack Cameron

In Memorium
I don't hear a resounding boo, so here goes!

attachment.php

The flags etc. are purchased in kit form and added to the pen after turning. The above pen is called a Sierra Click. It's plated in Blk. Ti. Gold & Platinum.

attachment.php

This pen is a Sedona Rollerball, plated in Chrome.

I trust I haven't offended anybody on this forum by posting these.

Beautiful as always Mack. How are those clicker pens for putting together and for durability?? The early click pens I bought a few years back were pretty finicky and not something that was totally reliable so I didn't make any to sell. I do realize this is a couple of steps up in kit quality in itself, but was just wondering. Oh yeah, you offended me, your fine is sending me that pen!!!!!;):D:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Beautiful as always Mack.
Hi Jonathon; You always say that!
How are those clicker pens for putting together and for durability??
Very simple to put together and they feel very smooth in the click. I haven't sold many, but none have been returned so far. I have some orders for the Sierra and will be using the Elegant Beauty. It's a twist in top of the line platings. My Canadian dealer hasn't brought the click in the Elegant Beauty in yet.
Oh yeah, you offended me, your fine is sending me that pen!!!!!;):D:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I wish I could afford to send one to each and everyone of my friends!

we like canadians here unlike other places that dont like americans:) so bring on all the maple leafs and any other canadian related stuff mac yur always welcome here to post anything:)

Mack, trust me, I always say that about your pens because they are always stunning/beautiful/outstanding and all of the rest of the positive adjectives in the dictionary. Your attention to detail from selecting the blank and kit to the finish and assembly shows from one end to the other!!!! Will be another pen I show to my students!!!

Mack, those are great. Very fine. :thumb:
To answer your question: I'm not a mod anymore but I would fight vigorously to allow posting of any member made item showing a Canadian/Japanese/Spanish/whatever flag.
We can't talk politics, dirty or religion here. But pride in a national flag is not proscribed under those rules. I believe, if it were, I would be gone real quick.
BTW, look at my current avatar. If that's permitted and your pens weren't.....war my friend, war.

Mack, those are great. Very fine. :thumb:
To answer your question: I'm not a mod anymore but I would fight vigorously to allow posting of any member made item showing a Canadian/Japanese/Spanish/whatever flag.
We can't talk politics, dirty or religion here. But pride in a national flag is not proscribed under those rules. I believe, if it were, I would be gone real quick.
BTW, look at my current avatar. If that's permitted and your pens weren't.....war my friend, war.
Hi Frank; If the truth were known I chose my title with a little tongue in cheek knowing full well it would be accepted by all members on this great forum!

Hi Frank; If the truth were known I chose my title with a little tongue in cheek knowing full well it would be accepted by all members on this great forum!

Mack, I kinda suspected that. But, for me, even the hint of censorship or restriction of free speech hits the hot button. I was almost ready to prime the flintlock.....
Cheers. Keep 'em flying.

Mack,

Beautiful pens. I guess you have to be careful to not turn them to slim as you could cut the top or stem of the leaf off? How did you finish them? Are there any don’t as to what you can put on them?

About 240 years ago, a lot of us were family, father and son, brothers, cousins, etc., until a war got between us. Here we are still family.

Mack,

Beautiful pens. I guess you have to be careful to not turn them to slim as you could cut the top or stem of the leaf off?
I turn my Sierras to 9/16" in dia. That is really turning it close, so to speak. Then a little taper to the nib, and a little round over at the clip. This pen has to be glued to the brass tube in stages (3 pieces) making sure the maple leaf is in the centre of the tube.
How did you finish them?
10 - 12 coats of BLO/CA left to cure for a couple of days, then buffed on my white wheel only. Unless you count the Ren wax being buffed on the wheel as well.
Are there any don’t as to what you can put on them?
The red colour is a dye. It had a tendency to smudge if I used sandpaper. I tried 600 grit only, no dice. Just brushed off the red smudge with a clean toothbrush and went on to finish. I am a little leary about any solvent based finished i.e. shellac, poly etc. making the dye run as well. I'm going to try waterbased poly on a waste scrap and see what happens.

About 240 years ago, a lot of us were family, father and son, brothers, cousins, etc., until a war got between us.
I consider myself a lover not a fighter, I'm glad I wasn't alive through that period.
Here we are still family.
Touché and let's keep it that way! You people have certainly treated me like family!

Mack, I'm pretty sure that if anytime I get a lathe, I will try to make one of those, and you 'll be guilty (together with some other spinny guys) of taking me into the vortex as Larry says.

But for the moment I have enough admiring and envying you work, thanks for posting it:thumb:

I don't know about you guys, but I just had a sudden urge to crack open a beer and watch a hockey game. Is it just me or what? :D

Ya know Mack, if you keep practicing, sooner or later you'll get this pen thing down. :rofl: :thumb: Great job as usual.