Bob is Back!

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Well, a while ago Bob developed a pretty serious leak in his control valve. So, Either I had to try and fix him, or I had to take him in to get fixed. Discretion being the better part of valor, I decided that With all that he needed, it was beyond what I could do, so I took him into the dealer.

While there I had them go ahead and do a 1000hour maintenance, fix his twitchy steering, fix the leaky in the control valve, and replace the bobtach.

The bobtach pins were completely wallowed out and the amount of labor it would have taken to fix him would have made it a wash on whether or not to get a new one. So I got the new one.

The 1000hour maintenance did a lot of stuff. All fluids replaced, everything cleaned, belts replaced, all filters, yadda yadda yadda. Probably even more than I listed.

Just got him off the trailer and I can say it feels like a completely different machine. The bucket moves smoothly and doesn't clang around. I can start him on the first try without trying to guess where neutral is on the sticks! He doesn't bounce around at idle speed like he's possessed by a ghost trying to drive him away. And when I can actually push both sticks all the way forward and he goes in a straight line!

Kudos to Bobcat west and Matt the tech who did the work. I might be just a homeowner with an old used bobcat, but they made me feel welcome and like a valuable customer. Great customer service. They even gave me a hat!

Now it all did cost a pretty penny, but I'm still under the budget I had originally set for getting a little tractor with box blade to do the driveway, even with all the implements I bought for him.

At this point I'm confident he'll be in good shape for years to come.

Bob looking good with new Bobcat West stickers.
FWW-6674.jpg

New Bobtach!
FWW-6675.jpg

Holy cow that engine compartment is clean!
FWW-6676.jpg

They even gave me a hat! (Big points in my book)
FWW-6677.jpg

Real big points for the hat. Last car I bought they didn't give me a hat I was not a happy customer.

For some reason, I thought a Bobtach was a gauge that shows how fast Bob's motor was running. :)

I sure wish I:

A) Had enough land to warrant owning a Bobcat, and;
B) Owned a Bobcat

For some reason, I thought a Bobtach was a gauge that shows how fast Bob's motor was running. :)

I sure wish I:

A) Had enough land to warrant owning a Bobcat, and;
B) Owned a Bobcat

:D

They are fun, but I do have a few valid reasons to own one, and especially once we start on our Big-Ole Landscaping project.

The fact that he can pluck a sage brush out of the ground like you can pick a dandelion is just a bonus!

So far, all I can say is that this is one of those rare times where you actually get what you pay for. The machine is clean, inside and out. I've been all over it today installing a backup camera and they did a darn good job of cleaning it up, repairing what needed to be fixed, and making it work right.

I'm happy.