Mobile TS/Router Table

Jeff Bower

I've been wanting to make this for quite awhile now. Just finished it up Sunday night, except for a few more add ons (TS dust collection, small drawer under router table) I'm working on lots of organization in the garage right now and will start a shop tour thread soon too.

By turning the router table fence around I can get 25" of cut on the TS now! Eventually this will all be replaced by a contractor TS and drop in router table, but it will do for now. Total cost was $0 as I had all the scrap lumber laying around. The 3 drawers on the bottom are old army surplus a friend found in his basement and gave to me. Kind of a crude set up, but remember I most spin wood. :D

Attachments

• 20090104_0011.JPG
    20090104_0011.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 20090104_0012.JPG
    20090104_0012.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 20090104_0013.JPG
    20090104_0013.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 99
I'm not an organization nut (contrary to my many posts) but it sure feels good when you open up a bit of room or make few improvements to your work area doesn't it? Lookin' good. Rock on.

I'm not an organization nut (contrary to my many posts) but it sure feels good when you open up a bit of room or make few improvements to your work area doesn't it? Lookin' good. Rock on.

Neither am I, in fact if you saw my garage your jaw would drop after seeing the mess in there (Everyone else's does too) I've got some projects in the works that will require some organization, so only out of necessity. It does feel good to have some elbow room, but the LOML seems to think the garage needs some "car room"...I need to do a google search on what that is. :rofl::wave:

Neither am I, in fact if you saw my garage your jaw would drop after seeing the mess in there (Everyone else's does too) I've got some projects in the works that will require some organization, so only out of necessity. It does feel good to have some elbow room, but the LOML seems to think the garage needs some "car room"...I need to do a google search on what that is. :rofl::wave:

Long ago and many faded dreams ago the LOML and I used to drive around and look at houses together, and of course I would always mention that such and such a house had a 2 bay Shop on it, she'd reply with 'you mean garage'...

I wonder if it is treatable?

Long ago and many faded dreams ago the LOML and I used to drive around and look at houses together, and of course I would always mention that such and such a house had a 2 bay Shop on it, she'd reply with 'you mean garage'...

I wonder if it is treatable?
I traded for the shop - We bought a house with a pool. She got the water, I got the shop. It has never had a car in it!:D

I traded for the shop - We bought a house with a pool. She got the water, I got the shop. It has never had a car in it!:D

When Mida and I were looking for a retirement place, we found this one. It has a two car attached garage, and a 26 X 32 detached (garage) Shop building as well. It also has a 14 X 40 finished room in the basement that is her quilting studio.

We tell our friends that what we really bought was a 1½ acre park with a sewing room, woodshop, and a small house on it...and we're not kidding!

We tell our friends that what we really bought was a 1½ acre park with a sewing room, woodshop, and a small house on it...and we're not kidding!

If my wife sewed, that sounds like heaven. Since she doesn't, I guess she could park in the sewing room. :p

The LOML has been very paitent when it comes to getting the car in the garage, it hasn't been in there but once in the past 2 yrs. I told her last night that she can have it in there as a Valentines Day present...maybe I should tell her I only ment for the day of Feb. 14th.:rofl::wave:

Theres hope!

jeff you can be saved if you continue to look at the ts and router table and think about the next flat project and stay away from the dreaded spinny thing.. i can see improvement in you this visit so come back in two weeks and work on the TSaw and dont walk in circles or twiddle thumbs just saw and glue and build things.. and read lots of furniture books:rofl::rofl:

Theres hope!

jeff you can be saved if you continue to look at the ts and router table and think about the next flat project and stay away from the dreaded spinny thing.. i can see improvement in you this visit so come back in two weeks and work on the TSaw and dont walk in circles or twiddle thumbs just saw and glue and build things.. and read lots of furniture books:rofl::rofl:

good job on the bench jeff! i thought i had had all my benches laid out, ready to be cut and assembled this spring, but you have given me more than a few evil bench thoughts to contemplate... :rofl:

Larry, I have even drawn some scratches on paper of a few flatwork projects. :eek::eek:...I'm trying to resist it, but I've had an idea for a buffett table for about 4yrs. It won't cost me much at all in materials either...yes I found some lost lumber while cleaning...well really it's a couple of old doors....stay tuned....