Jet JWL1236 Lathe For Sale - SOLD

Bill Arnold

Staff member
I've got my Jet JWL1236 lathe ready to sell. I got it around 2002 from a neighbor who had it for less than two years. I haven't put much mileage on it because of commitments to flatwork projects but I put it through its paces in recent months getting up to speed with turning. It has the expected small scrapes and dings but is a solid tool

Jet1236_FS_a.jpg

I'm letting a spur drive center and a 60° live center go with it along with the original 12" tool rest.

Jet1236_FS_b.jpg

Also going with it is the 6" tool rest I got for smaller projects like pens. The knockout bar and tool rest offset is also included. Gouges and chisels included are a 1" roughing gouge, 3/4" spindle gouge, 1" skew, 1/2" skew, 1/8" parting tool, 1/2" rounded scraper and 1/2" spear scraper.

Jet1236_FS_c.jpg

I'm asking $450 for the package.

I know I'm kinda out in nowhere land, but maybe there are some lurkers who live within a reasonable distance.

EDIT: Sold this morning to the man who tried to organize our local woodworker meeting group. I emailed the group last weekend when I posted the CL ad. The man who bought it emailed his SIL, who does some turning. SIL has the same Jet lathe. He came over this morning with his trailer. We loaded up the lathe and he handed me a check for the full amount I had listed on CL - $525. It's been a good day!

Last edited:
I've got my Jet JWL1236 lathe ready to sell. I got it around 2002 from a neighbor who had it for less than two years. I haven't put much mileage on it because of commitments to flatwork projects but I put it through its paces in recent months getting up to speed with turning. It has the expected small scrapes and dings but is a solid tool

View attachment 85389

I'm letting a spur drive center and a 60° live center go with it along with the original 12" tool rest.

View attachment 85390

Also going with it is the 6" tool rest I got for smaller projects like pens. The knockout bar and tool rest offset is also included. Gouges and chisels included are a 1" roughing gouge, 3/4" spindle gouge, 1" skew, 1/2" skew, 1/8" parting tool, 1/2" rounded scraper and 1/2" spear scraper.

View attachment 85391

I'm asking $450 for the package.

I know I'm kinda out in nowhere land, but maybe there are some lurkers who live within a reasonable distance.

That's an outstanding Price wish I had the green right now :bang: