backyard visitor

Frank Fusco

We had a backyard visitor this morning. Get them all the time but I caught a cute pic today.
The ticks have been especially bad this year. It looks like this fawn may be blinded in the right eye from the ticks. Sad.

Attachments

• fawn in yard small file.jpg
    fawn in yard small file.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 71
We had a backyard visitor this morning. Get them all the time but I caught a cute pic today.
The ticks have been especially bad this year. It looks like this fawn may be blinded in the right eye from the ticks. Sad.

Frank looks like she may have run into a barbed fence or something. Never seen ticks work over a deer that fast from birth.

Frank do you do any repellant in your yard? Aren't those little deer ticks the Lyme agents? Cattle soon learn a rub is their friend, wonder what would happen if you put one up for the deer? Hmmmmmm, nothing illegal about hunting over a rub is there???

Frank do you do any repellant in your yard? Aren't those little deer ticks the Lyme agents? Cattle soon learn a rub is their friend, wonder what would happen if you put one up for the deer? Hmmmmmm, nothing illegal about hunting over a rub is there???

Interesting thought.
Shooting one in my yard wouldn't be hunting. It would be harvesting. I would have to be mighty hungry before doing that.

Great shot Frank, but what a poor little critter. :( I usually show LOML the backyard wildlife photos that get posted here (she remembers Brent and Sharon as "the people with wild horses in their yard"), but I think I'll have to pass on showing her this one.

Great shot Frank, but what a poor little critter. :( I usually show LOML the backyard wildlife photos that get posted here (she remembers Brent and Sharon as "the people with wild horses in their yard"), but I think I'll have to pass on showing her this one.

Nature can be cruel. At least, by our human standards it seems that way.
That's the way it is.
Sadly, I'm pretty sure one day I'll see it dead on the road, literally blindsided by a car.

frank you got better look than we do but there is a disease that is down your way that looks just like what your showing.. we have some ticks up here as well but i havnt seen any that bad before..just seem strang that it would affect just that area and that they wouldnt be able to brush them off before they got that much of area filled with them.. and your also right on the natures way of thinning out the flocks..

frank you got better look than we do but there is a disease that is down your way that looks just like what your showing.. we have some ticks up here as well but i havnt seen any that bad before..just seem strang that it would affect just that area and that they wouldnt be able to brush them off before they got that much of area filled with them.. and your also right on the natures way of thinning out the flocks..

We put corn right outside a glass door near where we sit to watch TV. I sometimes look at them less than 3' away. Thems ticks, no doubt.