Wallet is feeling lighter

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
The guys were here to install the new HVAC unit. Was surprised that they got it out as quickly as they did. I feel like they did a good job on buttoning things back up, appears very clean. I will ask them to put a longer pigtail on the condenser unit, they just used the old one, but I moved the pad further from the house. It was also full of water, so doesn't appear that it's water proof anymore.
2015-06-03 15.35.30.jpg 2015-06-03 15.38.53.jpg

The back of the plenum is still open, they are coming to install some additional duct work to replace the one that is in the bottom of this pic. It's buried under my garage floor and is rusted out and collapsing (nice little health hazard :rolleyes:). Since the new duct is in the attic, I"m having a couple of extra vents added to the top level of the house to help with cooling in the summer.
2015-06-03 15.35.52.jpg

I also asked to have a larger return installed as there only about half as many as there should be for the house, since the lowest level had none, we opted to put one large one off the return air plenum into the downstairs hall, which should help with air flow.
2015-06-03 15.38.03.jpg

They'll be back tomorrow to add the new duct work that will feed the front part of my house.

Timing is good. Forecast says 87 tomorrow, not that it's hot, but has been raining a lot...so will be about 90% humidity. :rolleyes: Will be nice to get the house dried out.

Yeesh!

Its supposed to hit close to 100F here this weekend but the humidty ain't anywhere near that so its not all that bad. The humidity is one major qualm we have about the east coast in general.

Well, the hvac guys left here about an hour ago after running all the new ducts for the upstairs, house is a whole lot more comfortable already...that or it's that 70% humidity we've got outside today.
The new duct from the back of the furnace plenum to the garage, to the attic.
2015-06-04 15.12.55.jpg 2015-06-04 15.16.13.jpg

Feeds to the 1st and 2nd floors from it.
2015-06-04 15.16.33.jpg 2015-06-04 15.16.55.jpg

They also added dampers to help control the supply at different times of the year. Feel like they did a good overall and very happy with the time they took getting it all in.

Next up, new floors in the kitchen, which I've been holding off on since I knew we were getting rid of the floor registers. Also getting quotes to have some blow in insulation added to the attic to help seal things up a little tighter.