Sheet Goods Cutting Cart

Rich Aldrich

Sunday afternoon, I made this cart so that I can use the EZ Smart to break down sheet goods without having to cut the sheets on the floor. I can tip the sheets off the shelf onto the cart. The cart top is about 30" off the floor - just about right for me to use the circular saw on the saw guide.

I got the cart from work. A piece of equipment we bought was shipped on it and no one wanted the cart, so I got permission to take it.

The frame is made of 2 x 4 with piece of plywood on top. Then I took strips of plywood and made the sacrifical lattice. The lattice ended up 44" x 60".

Attachments

• PB260505.jpg
    PB260505.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 109
  • PB260506.jpg
    PB260506.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 98
  • PB260507.jpg
    PB260507.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 100
That should be handy for a number of things. Not only a cutting cart, but with a piece of scrap ply or MDF on top it's spare work surface (or tool depot). :thumb:

good use of some scrap from work rich,,, will work for trimun venison to:):thumb:

Larry, Another good use for the cart,eh!

The cart does take up a lot of room in the shop, but it also makes handling the sheets a lot easier. The storage is at the back end of the shop, which is not plowed in the winter so the double doors are not useable. I can use the cart to haul sheets to the back of the shop when I buy a new batch.

I used the cart yesterday - it really works well. Even without locks on the casters, there is no issue loading and using it for cutting. In fact, sometimes it is more convienent to rotate the cart than walk around it.:D