This has something to do with wood LOL

I headed for the Va farm after dropping off some gilding furniture I did for a customer in Leesburg Va yesterday. I am of the mind set that I need to move around with each hunt on this farm. I drove around the fields and the side strips between them and did not see any fresh scraps but I did find a fresh rubbing area and decided to set up next to it. Parked the van then put a drag line out and when I reached the tree climbed up cutting 4 old pine busted limbs. About an hr before dark I heard a squirrel barking and got ready. 15 minutes later this 3" spike came walking right under me. And that was it. But got some picks of the site. From Lt > Rt

IMAGE_129.jpg

IMAGE_124.jpg

IMAGE_125.jpg

IMAGE_126.jpg

IMAGE_127-1.jpg

IMAGE_128-1.jpg

Hey Dave we have em come up to the house, had two out there yesterday feasting on acorns, and we also get some turkeys showing up to test my willpower.
Chuck

Attachments

• Visitors 016.jpg
    Visitors 016.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 4
A few years ago when i took a trip to visit my son in SC we also went up to VA to LOML's uncles farm. Its in a little town called "HAYWOOD ?" all I can say is it is some beautiful country. Most of it is wooded but they do raise cattle. There are several houses on the property, he cousin lives on one and her uncle on another. (BTW her uncle has big $$$$, I guess i married into the wrong side of the family LOL).
All wooded. I was standing outside with one of her cousins at dusk and asked him how much land they had. He pointed off in the distance to a farm house on a hill and said that ours, then he said look around and if you can see it it's pretty much our. Needless to say I was flabergasted. Oh and No one hunts this property but maybe if you would like I can make a phone call.

Dave,
That's some pretty property you show there... I haven't been over into VA yet, but would like to make a trip up to Annapolis, MD to see my wife's best friend from childhood.... on the way I could stop in at Appomattox, and see the court house and manor house that my mother's family owns... it's a national park/monument now, but still would be interesting.

When I was in high school in East Texas, one of the class mates's father had is deer stand on his back porch. He would sit out there in the evenings and watch the deer come out of the woods and sometimes into his garden... he would then have fresh venison with his veggies...:rofl::rofl: