Gloat and Pre-gloat?

Bill Arnold

Staff member
I'm doing some updates to my shop, with the full support of LOML I might add. I had thought about waiting until everything was done, but decided that some things that have changed will change again soon. So, here's step one:

TS_G0690_a.jpg

After a reasonable amount of research and looking at price/value, I decided on the G0690 to replace my JTAS-10XL tablesaw. There's nothing wrong with my Jet. It was time for me to get a newer saw with a riving knife. I wanted to post this photo now since all assembly and testing is done because it won't look like this tomorrow. My Incra LS52-TS system will be delivered this afternoon, so I'll have even more fun tomorrow!

Fun, fun, fun! :woohoo:

Last edited:
Nice looking saw Bill! :thumb: Says it's a left tilting, so the top of the blade tilts to the left correct?

I need to upgrade to a cabinet saw one of these days, my delta contractor saw tilts to the right and I hate using it that way. Will try to move the fence over to the left side if the board isn't too wide.

Keep us posted on how you like the riving knife. Seems like it'd be a pretty nice feature.

I haven't had a chance to do a lot, yet, but I've made test cuts with the riving knife and the blade guard. When I looked at the riving knife implementation by other manufacturers, I was able to rule out some because the knife ran above the blade. Grizzly's riving knife sits 1/8" to 1/4" below the top of a 10" blade and runs up and down with it. Swapping between knife and guard takes about 20 seconds, but only because I'm all thumbs!

The blade guard will probably allow me to eliminate the PSI over-the-blade unit I've been using. The Grizzly blade guard has a clear window in the top of the guard. I've started drawing an adapter to take that to a 2.5" hose for dust collection. More on that as it develops.

Looks like a fine saw! Is this your first Incra TS fence? I love mine but I'm still not completely use to it. Still find myself tapping the fence now and them. Old habits are hard to break, especially after tapping a fence back and forth for 50 years..

Looks like a fine saw! Is this your first Incra TS fence? I love mine but I'm still not completely use to it. Still find myself tapping the fence now and them. Old habits are hard to break, especially after tapping a fence back and forth for 50 years..

This is my first Incra TS fence, Paul, but I've had the LS 25" Super System on my router for many years. It's what convinced me to go for the TS this time! ;)

I haven't had a chance to do a lot, yet, but I've made test cuts with the riving knife and the blade guard. When I looked at the riving knife implementation by other manufacturers, I was able to rule out some because the knife ran above the blade. Grizzly's riving knife sits 1/8" to 1/4" below the top of a 10" blade and runs up and down with it. Swapping between knife and guard takes about 20 seconds, but only because I'm all thumbs!

The blade guard will probably allow me to eliminate the PSI over-the-blade unit I've been using. The Grizzly blade guard has a clear window in the top of the guard. I've started drawing an adapter to take that to a 2.5" hose for dust collection. More on that as it develops.

At least VAughn will be happy to have another Incra TS Fence on the forum!

Be very interested in the guard and over blade DC.

I need to rig something up on mine one of these days.