weekend accomplishments

larry merlau

well i got some lacqur smeared al over a book case and got some on my self as well. then as luck would have it i got to vist with steve ash from jist over the hill. he and his nice lookin girlfreind stopped by to see if i need edhelp gettin up.. i hadnt relied to his last call so he was worried. he took and made me eat and drink and not nessacarly in that order an then procedded tio get my mind stareted adswell.. mad eme convers with the bothof them till coud convince them i wa ok. so i qess i wii l be here aother day to hinder the completion of someones gooday. did learn how to use 100grit paper though this wknd:D

I've worked on cabinets most of the weekend, trying to get caught up from a 30 day work loss.

I also got one overhead dust pipe hooked up over the new ceiling, before I have the insulation blown in. I moved my semi-auto lathe and door hinge machine so needed a dust port over there.

Played here off and on also.:thumb:

Sounds like a Win/Win to me Larry.....

Thanks for the pizza and a cold beer.

Always a good learning expierience when I can see what the "Master Craftsman" has been working on. Really nice job on that maple bookcase, as Judy said, "smooth as a baby's bottom"

Next week maybe you can teach me how to use 150 grit.....and not get me in trouble about the lack of Christmas presents given to the Mrs.

I finished "construction" on a dresser I have been working on for 2 months. Got PO'ed when I screwed up a drawer and have dragged it on for awhile. I did get to spend Saturday at the beach goofing off, going to the movies and playing with kids. Nice to get out of the house for a day.

Is that true?:eek: After she bought you all those nice tools?

Larry, glad you finally got up.

Not entirely Jim, she gave me a catalog and highlighted what she wanted for christmas. Being a good husband I bought one of those items, the second not being in stock. I figured I'd buy the second item when it was in stock, but so far they still don't have the item.

Yeah, Larry is one up...he managed to agitate/irritate me enough to where he got my "he's number one" award (if you get the drift). Of course the wife agrees with him. so....Larry is in a Win/Win situation....at least for a week.

I finished this...

Cnv0078.jpg

Its all the legs, stretchers and tresle top and bottoms for my workbench. cut to length & sized. Awaiting some matched dados to form a couple of mortises and then a bunch of mortise and tenon cutting.

appo;logy fer mr steve!

Not entirely Jim, she gave me a catalog and highlighted what she wanted for christmas. Being a good husband I bought one of those items, the second not being in stock. I figured I'd buy the second item when it was in stock, but so far they still don't have the item.

Yeah, Larry is one up...he managed to agitate/irritate me enough to where he got my "he's number one" award (if you get the drift). Of course the wife agrees with him. so....Larry is in a Win/Win situation....at least for a week.

i didnt know that it was such a sore subject with her steve till after i had fell threw the hole in the ice:eek: actually i got the rest of the story later.. so i turly am sorry boss!!! i woudnthave went fishun if i had know the ice was that thin.. have got a idea fer ya to help give you a reprive!!!
oh P>S i got on the same boat as you later after you left so we both arew going to the same port as of right now:huh:

have got a idea fer ya to help give you a reprive!!!
oh P>S i got on the same boat as you later after you left so we both arew going to the same port as of right now:huh:

Oh, so now you want to "help" me....gonna give me a glass of water while I'm drowning?:rofl:

No need for the apology my friend, she was enjoying watching me in the hotseat and was playing right along with you. I will be mindful in the future to put more thought into my present buying adventures.:huh:

Oh, so now you want to "help" me....gonna give me a glass of water while I'm drowning?:rofl:

No need for the apology my friend, she was enjoying watching me in the hotseat and was playing right along with you. I will be mindful in the future to put more thought into my present buying adventures.:huh:

nope i am gonna threw you a life vest if you want it??? big board is a first step in the right direction, then cabinet to get her downstairs instead resettin up in the dinning rom when she gets the urges! trust me its qickie to do and then you will have some peace till you get the next step completed.. next time we see ya ask me about my *tackful comment in reguards to feeding the dog* gained many negative points almost caught up with you.