Finished the first step.

Chuck Ellis

I finally finished the first step of my goblet order... I have all 10 of the goblets turned and sanded through 400... all went very well until the last one... I had a small catch on the inside of number 10 with my termite tool.... caused the goblet to crack on opposite sides.... after a few choice words, I looked around and found one more piece of wood I could use... so number 11 was a success.

I now have to finish them and get them ready for shipping.... the buyer wants an "engraving" on them... suspect they are either for a wedding or anniversary... I don't engrave, but offered to wood burn her "engraving" ... boyfriend/fiance/husband's name and hers, plus a date ... if she accepts and pays then I'll get started... I've sent an invoice so we'll see if she's serious... if not, then I have a set of Mimosa goblets to sell at the farmers market this summer....

here are a couple of amateurish photos of what they look like....

Attachments

• goblets 002.JPG
    goblets 002.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 39
  • goblets 010.JPG
    goblets 010.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 41
  • goblets 011.JPG
    goblets 011.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 40
That's one heck of a job Chuck! Send them over to Steve...He'll burn 'em for ya!:rofl::rofl: You've done a great job of duplication on these...keep it up!

Nice job on the duplicating.

With my duplicating skills, I am just glad that "One of a kind" is a usually selling point. :eek:

Looks good. If she doesn't want the wood burning & wants engraving you could find someone with a laser engraver (local wood club) & use color fill to fill in the engraving.

Sometimes I have people that want the wooden gift boxes for the pens or the pens themselves engraved. I take them to a guy at the local WoodCraft & he takes them home & engraves on his Epilog Laser. It comes out very nice.