OK Glenn what's up

The FWW site does not have a "block and tackle" division so I put this here.

What's with the new avitar? Is it Mary Poppins from the 1800's? There has to be a story behind it.

Fess up and enjoy,
JimB (dad to you)

Hah! I asked the same question in a PM to Glenn :rofl:

OK Glenn what's up

The Network. . . sorry, couldn't resist. For the last 30 years when folks at work ask "what's up?". My response is always "the Network".

Album cover art from the album 'Signify' by the band 'Porcupine tree'. I see the contrast in era and content along with the 'old photo' appearance caught other's eyes as well as mine. Dad and I have similar minds. My first thought was also "Mary Poppins caught in a web".

Last edited:
I did not wonder so much about it, as I just assumed you were just subtly revealing a secret fetish...bondage. I guess the father is the last to know.:)

Wow, I completely missed the Signify album...didn't know it existed. I have several PT albums, including some from both before and after Signify.

Well given I am the village idiot here and never quite "got" most of the literary works of Shakespeare or grasp much poetry, I had to look this up to see what the fuss was about.

So here is Sever one of the songs on the album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6TFPmLFeo8&index=4&list=PL260A62FF11457FFF

And given i could not make out the words i needed to look them up so here are the lyrics.

Telepath Carbon trapped under stone
Brother mother pale body is thrown
Only way I know to have fun
Fill up my blood, my veins, my lungs

ESP city - rainy and blue
Burn down this town, I give it to you
Aero shallow, photograph blind
Stage fright, black light, coma divine

No sense of time
Sever tomorrow
Exitless mind - ESP Sever tomorrow

School out invective, losing my voice
Film shredding on in multiple choice
America calls, I must go
Oprah saviour, I feel that low

My apologies but i am missing something here this is like gobblydygook stuff or code to me.

I guess some years from now they will be analyzing these lyrics in class trying to figure out what was going on in this guys mind.
I can see some refined chemicals playing a role in the song writing. This is as depressing as my English class was. :rofl: