Hello all!

Thanks all

I am primary a flatwork guy and each piece I make has inlay or marquetry (kind of my trade mark). But last week I got my first lathe (given to me... long story). I am Active Duty US Navy and that about sums it up. Thanks again for the warm welcomes.:D

Welcome to the clubhouse, Dewey. I was wondering about the Navy in Colorado Springs, but then I remembered the big Pikes Peak Naval Shipyard y'all have out there on Fountain Creek. :p

I lived the first year or so of my life in Colorado Springs, and visited there periodically afterward to visit friends and relatives. It's a nice place. :thumb:

I do Strategic Ballistic Missile Defense out here.[/QUOTE]

Welcome Dewey, not only good to have you here, also good to have you on our side :thumb:

Tom

Hi, Dewey. Welcome to the Family. And you MUST tell the story of the lathe - I already know and others here might also, but it's a priceless story!!

:wave: Hi Dewey, Welcome.:thumb: Now be VERY careful and don't get too close to that "Vortex" , 'cause Larry 'n me need all the help we can get to keep some kind o balance here between us flatwork folks 'n them weird Spinny critters. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:wave: Hi Dewey, Welcome.:thumb: Now be VERY careful and don't get too close to that "Vortex" , 'cause Larry 'n me need all the help we can get to keep some kind o balance here between us flatwork folks 'n them weird Spinny critters. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Too late, Norman. He was forcibly sucked in, and I doubt there's any way he can get out now. :p

And I'll have you know, Mr. Hitt, calling woodturners "weird spinny critters" is an injustice and an insult to all the weird spinny critters out there. :rofl:

Too late, Norman. He was forcibly sucked in, and I doubt there's any way he can get out now. :p

And I'll have you know, Mr. Hitt, calling woodturners "weird spinny critters" is an injustice and an insult to all the weird spinny critters out there. :rofl:

I'se hopin "They" don't have computers, so "They" won't know They been insulted. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Incidentally, how's that compressor workin' out that you got? I'll bet it's a good one.

Last edited:
...Incidentally, how's that compressor workin' out that you got? I'll bet it's a good one.
I've been real happy with it. Relatively quiet, and it can more than keep up with my sander. (It's nice having the compressor run...then stop...while I'm sanding.)

I am a bit disappointed with the company, though. The owner of a hot rod forum I visit every once in a while is being threatened with a lawsuit by Eaton Compressor for allowing a post that quotes an Eaton rep saying the pumps are manufactured in China. It's true, and Eaton admits it's true, but they were not happy about a forum post that stated it. The forum owner refused to remove the post, so Eaton got ugly. Here's the whole story.

[Sorry for the threadjack, Dewey. We're just killing time until you make something on that new lathe to show us.] :D

I've been real happy with it. Relatively quiet, and it can more than keep up with my sander. (It's nice having the compressor run...then stop...while I'm sanding.)

I am a bit disappointed with the company, though. The owner of a hot rod forum I visit every once in a while is being threatened with a lawsuit by Eaton Compressor for allowing a post that quotes an Eaton rep saying the pumps are manufactured in China. It's true, and Eaton admits it's true, but they were not happy about a forum post that stated it. The forum owner refused to remove the post, so Eaton got ugly. Here's the whole story.

[Sorry for the threadjack, Dewey. We're just killing time until you make something on that new lathe to show us.] :D

Boy, it's a shame that guy is such an Idiot. I'll bet his actions come back to bite him in the pocketbook.:doh: