Adjustable Height Assembly Table

Bill Arnold

Staff member
Among other stuff I'm doing in the shop now, it's time to build a decent assembly table so I can free up my tablesaw benches for work rather than holding things. I'm going to build a torsion box for the top but want to make it adjustable in height. I viewed this video of what appears to be a great design for adjustable legs. I looked all over the AWW site and cannot find a source to download the plan for the legs. Does anyone have a copy of the plan you can share?

Thanks!

there is a metal legged one out there bill,, and some have used the harbor freight lift under a torsion box that use hydralics to raise and lower,, carol reed had one and i think allen levine has one as well..

I've looked at an inexpensive foot-operated hydraulic lift but the table I'm building will be 93.5" long by 47" wide. I have plenty of room for a table that size in the old section of my building by re-organizing a bit. By the way, the odd-sounding dimensions are due to the design using 1/2" mdf with ribs on 7-3/4" centers. My credenza build has really shown me the need to have a dedicated area to assemble and verify at various steps in the project, especially working with a radius front.

Anyway, if someone has access to the magazine - AWW Dec/Jan 2010 or the plan for the ratcheting legs, I'd appreciate some help.

Thanks for the link to the article, Larry. That'll help a lot. The video is the same one I posted, which is why I wanted to consider this approach to adjustability.