another Saw Stop video

What I wonder is how hard such a stop can be to the motor and motor shaft. I guess that if the saw is belt driven the impact to the shaft and rotor will be diminshed by the belt skiding and problably they have thought about that as well. Dunno:dunno:

If I had to trash my saw after it discharged, Id find it hard to be that upset knowing I still have my finger or hand.
Id expect a bit of discount off my next one from sawstop, but I hope that day never comes.

I've seen that video before, but it never fails to amaze me when I see it. :thumb: I was talking to my boss about the SawStop a couple hours ago and told him I'd send him a link. Your timing was impeccable. :D

What I wonder is how hard such a stop can be to the motor and motor shaft. I guess that if the saw is belt driven the impact to the shaft and rotor will be diminshed by the belt skiding and problably they have thought about that as well. Dunno:dunno:

Toni, I don't know the details, but as I understand it the SawStop engineers put a lot of design time into the trunnion of their saws, knowing that it had to withstand bigger (and different) forces than the typical tablesaw deals with. I think the brake and the trunnion (and the blade) are taking pretty much all of the forces, so the motor and its shaft are not overstressed.