Wixey Fence Gauge

Ron Roase

Has any one used the wixey digidal fence gauge? I have the one for setting angles on the blade. Have been thinking about adding it for my rip fence.:dunno: Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.

I have one but have not used it much as I had a lot of organ pipes built already but it will work great when I start on the next organ to be able to see those .5mm some of them are only that much different.

I have played with it enough to know it works as advertised and Im happy with it as these eyes are making it harder all the time to see them little marks on the fence :eek: :D

I've had one for quite awhile and really enjoy it. There is a short learning curve; adjusting to using the fence tape to get close and then the gauge to get closer (as opposed to staring at the gauge like a zombie . . . OK, maybe that was just me). I especially appreciate the ability to set a reference point on a cut and then move a specified distance from that cut to the next desired position with confidence.

I change blades frequently and my crosscut and 40T are close enough in kerf to not require a re-calibration. Of course, I usually swap between the cross cut and the rip blades. The rip blade's kerf is enough wider to make me want to re-calibrate. This takes about 3 seconds and is a total no-brainer.

I had one and just did not like it.

.46 is almost a 1/2 inch but what is 5/8 or 7/16 ?

It just frustrated me. I have spent life time bumping the TS fence.

My SawStop fence has ruler which is very close, but I never make a cut without checking the blade to fence with a ruler or tape measure.

Here is my web ablum with pictures only of the install

Thanks Bartee... Thats what I was wondering about. I feel much safer with a ruler measuring from the out side edge of the saw tooth to the fence for an accurate measurement. But I do like the angle guage by Wixey!