Are you decorating your shop for Christmas?

Frank Pellow

This year, I had planned to make some wooden figures to place on the roof of my shop and of my garage –but I never got around to it. :eek: Maybe next year.

In the meantime, I found some strings of lighted “tools” at lights Rockler (http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10324&filter=29059). I couldn’t resist buying two strings and placing a string on the inside of each of the shop windows that can be seen from our house. Here are a couple of (not very good) pictures:

Tool xmas lights -1 -small.JPG Tool xmas lights -2 small.JPG

They have only been up a couple of days but have already drawn several favourable comments.

Yep....I have Christmas lights hanging from the eave gutters and up the gable as well. Got a plywood Chevy Bowtie that has a border of rope lighting that I sometimes put up to...kinda ticks of the Ford neighbors:p

No. We're lucky to get a string of lights up on the house;)

Which the wife just got put up before this 1" of ice hit us last night.

Still calling for 10-15" of SNOW :eek: on top of this ice:(

Frank, I was looking at those lights in the flyer that came in yesterday. The add didn't tell what size they are, but your pic makes that clear. I may have to get a set for the house, not my shop of course. I think my wife would understand.

No. We're lucky to get a string of lights up on the house;)

Which the wife just got put up before this 1" of ice hit us last night.

Still calling for 10-15" of SNOW :eek: on top of this ice:(
Steve, I'm shocked, SHOCKED, I say, at this post.

You got your wife to put up the lights? How the heck did you manage that? Mine not only makes me put them up, but I have to get them out of storage, hang them, power them up, and when it's all over, put them away. And they're her lights. :D

Hang in there with the storm, all of you guys. Clear, sunny, windy and cold (by our standards) here today. Another red flag fire warning day, so parking is prohibited on one side of our street, to allow the fire equipment access. (We're on the edge of the wildlands here. Not your stereotypical urban neighborhood.)

Since my shop's in the attached garage, and there are colored lights on that part of the house, I guess you could say my shop's been decorated. I'm doing a sawdust theme inside, though. ;)

Steve, I'm shocked, SHOCKED, I say, at this post.

You got your wife to put up the lights? How the heck did you manage that? Mine not only makes me put them up, but I have to get them out of storage, hang them, power them up, and when it's all over, put them away. And they're her lights. :D

Hang in there with the storm, all of you guys. Clear, sunny, windy and cold (by our standards) here today. Another red flag fire warning day, so parking is prohibited on one side of our street, to allow the fire equipment access. (We're on the edge of the wildlands here. Not your stereotypical urban neighborhood.)

Since my shop's in the attached garage, and there are colored lights on that part of the house, I guess you could say my shop's been decorated. I'm doing a sawdust theme inside, though. ;)

Lol. She normally always puts them up:D :thumb: , as She doesn't wait on me to put them up anymore.

I pay the bills:eek: , She does the light thing. ;) :D :thumb:

My shop will be decorated with a very large, red ornament - my Aztek. Maybe I should tie a big green ribbon around it so I get the color scheme complete.