Just watched a show on the discovery channel. It was about how they make wooden bowels in Holland Michigan. I will tell you that they have one cool lathe :thumb:But it's production puts the rest of us to shame.:rofl::rofl:

Bowels?? I've heard about wooden legs, and wooden arms with a hook in ancient times, specially pirates ( like you:)) had them but ¿bowels? I wonder how do they hollow them and attach them to your body.:rofl::rofl:

Bowels?? I've heard about wooden legs, and wooden arms with a hook in ancient times, specially pirates ( like you:)) had them but ¿bowels? I wonder how do they hollow them and attach them to your body.:rofl::rofl:

wooden bowels? suppose they wouldn't (wooden) poop then

Chuck,

As nice a group as this is, we can sometimes be unforgiving if the joke is good enough:D. Now that you've fixed it I guess it's time to forget it and MOVE on.:eek::rofl::rofl:

Chuck,

As nice a group as this is, we can sometimes be unforgiving if the joke is good enough:D. Now that you've fixed it I guess it's time to forget it and MOVE on.:eek::rofl::rofl:

You're right Rennie.
Most problably it was made more evident to me because I thought Chuck was using some sort of slang,( that I didn't know) and looked it down in several dictionaries before making the joke.

Chuck, no offence intended at all. My apologies even if they are not needed.

....Most problably it was made more evident to me because I thought Chuck was using some sort of slang,( that I didn't know) and looked it DOWN in several dictionaries before making the joke.

Chuck, no offence intended at all. My apologies even if they are not needed.

Toni, no offence intended here either, but the correct wording is "...looked it UP in several..." :D:rofl::wave:

Maybe you did that intentionally...if so, Well Done! :thumb:

Toni, no offence intended here either, but the correct wording is "...looked it UP in several..." :D:rofl::wave:

Maybe you did that intentionally...if so, Well Done! :thumb:

Thanks Jeff, but my command of english is not that good to be able to make those subtle nuances when joking.

However ,I said down because they were on the very low shelf. I think if they had been in the top one most problably I would have said UP:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The use of prepositions and phrasal verbs is not my strongest point!!:wave:

All joking aside, that episode left me with a kind of sad feeling---the automated lathe is pretty cool, and obviously VERY stable--looks like it weighs a few thousand pounds. The sad part is the absence of any "art" to it. When every bowl has the exact same curve, and an automated sander does all the finish work. Kinda boring if you ask me. I really liked the automated hydraulic chainsaw/circular saw blank cutting machine!