SQUARE CUBED!!!!!!!!!!....WOOOOOHOOOOOO.........

Mark Rios

I'm SOOOO excited. I am now square x 3. I remembered last night that I had an auxiliary fence of some sort from some old tool. I can't for the life of me remember what it was for but it worked out perfectly for this. This is what I was cutting last night (thanks very much for the advice:thumb: ), it had a lip that hung down too far.

111CS.jpg

I cut from the left side hence the fence on that side with the planed maple there on the right to match the level on that side. The auxiliary fence had some support brackets with it so it worked out really well. I figured tha I should be able to "STU" it and make it work. (Whenever I improvise anything anymore I say that I "Stu" it instead of "McGyvering" it. McGyver has nothing on Stu. :D) It was much easier to square up the auxiliary fence by shimming than tapping and moving the bent and twisted fence on the saw.

I adjusted to square by cutting a 5", straightedged piece of plywood and then flipping one side over to check for any gap. After I got it square to my eye that way I did the 5 cut thing mentioned by Stu in his post and I was off by .003 or .004 after the 5 cuts so that's near enough perfect for me.

Thanks very much to all for putting up with and helping me. I'm going to eat my lunch and then cut some rails and stiles with large grins emanating from my face. :D :D :D

Last edited:
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Which model of dewalt is that? Can't see behind it to tell.

Great job Mark, you done me proud! :thumb:

BTW, don't be so hard on McGyver, he did not have a Leatherman back then like I do know........... :rofl:

I actually met RDA, and he was a VERY nice guy, they filmed one episode of McGyver at UBC in Vancouver, and I was an "Extra" in the crowd at the hockey rink.

Cheers!

Great job Mark, you done me proud! :thumb:

BTW, don't be so hard on McGyver, he did not have a Leatherman back then like I do know........... :rofl:

I actually met RDA, and he was a VERY nice guy, they filmed one episode of McGyver at UBC in Vancouver, and I was an "Extra" in the crowd at the hockey rink.

Cheers!

Oops!!! Hafta call ya MovieStu now:D

That's my 703 that I mentioned in my PM Steve. I bought it to just cut rails and stiles although I hadn't planned on designing and making a new table. :rolleyes: :D

That's my 703 that I mentioned in my PM Steve. I bought it to just cut rails and stiles although I hadn't planned on designing and making a new table. :rolleyes: :D

Ok. I thought it was a 10". Forgot:eek: