test post

Dave Trask

test
100_0984.jpg

test two
BTW450_300.jpg

I am done with my test Hummm ...now how do I delete this post?

Last edited:
Yeah it worked good!
I guess all I need to do to make the pictures bigger is to
increase the size of the picture I download ...Ain't
Well .....hell lets give it a go.

Redneck-Fund--134.jpg

Redneck-Fund--134b.jpg

Nope It seems the attacments are limiting to one size hummm
Well , lets try this...

Last edited:
makita_LXT202.jpg

Added Later:
Image taken right from another site using:
'
makita_LXT202.jpg

This method uses a lot of band width.

Last edited:
I see the delete button now!
But ...still no delete button on only post #1 :huh:
Ok at least I know how it works, I think. :)

Last edited:
Yep, it's set up so you can delete a post, but not a thread. Post #1 is the "root" of the thread, so it's pretty much stuck there. (Admins and Mods can move or delete a thread, but not members.)

On the picture thing, you can make bigger pics (say 800 x 600 pixels) and still get the file size below the 107 KB limit by lowering the picture "Quality" setting in your photo software. What software are you using to resize your pics?

makita200.jpg

makita600.jpg

I use Arcsoft Photo Studio. I can re-size the picture just fine on this end.
The one on the top is about 200x200, the one at the bottom is 600x600
I used the paper clip attachment button to attach both photos.
Didn't matter what the size of my picture is, by using the paper clip button
to attach them made them both display at the same size with in the post.

So to get a bigger picture on here , the picture needs to be uploaded
to a host on the Internet and then put in as an image link. like I did
on the big picture in a previous post , No?

Added Later:
Method using a large pictures and a small picture using the paper clip
attachment method, both picture came out the same size, if you click
on the thumbnail the picture comes up in a separate window as it's original size.
to me this is the best way to post a picture.

Last edited:
attachment.php

Wow :D

Ok... I uploaded the photo at 600x600 ( 23k ) and then used the insert image
button to insert the picture using the location at the family woodworking image address.
address. http://familywoodworking.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18249&stc=1&d=1204357850"]http://familywoodworking.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18249&stc=1&d=1204357850

More than one way to skin a slug :clap:

But, I would think doing it this way is probably bad for your bandwidth on your server.

Added Later:
As Greg states below this method makes it rough on those with slow connections...especially those on dial-up

Last edited:
You're right about not being able to change the thumbnail size for pics hosted here. About the only way around it (without changing the forum default setting) is to host the pic elsewhere, as you also discovered. I do it that way for the times I want the image to be bigger than the default thumbnail, but as Greg mentioned, it makes the forum a pain to browse through for the people on slower Internet connections, so I try to stick with the thumbnails. (Of course, those folks can also turn off image viewing in the User Control Panel. It helps speed things up, but they have to click on a link to see a pic.)

I hadn't tried the trick of linking to an image hosted here. That's pretty cool. I don't know if it hits the server any harder than a normal forum-hosted pic, but it would still affect the dial-up folks. (So far, we're not pushing our bandwidth limits very hard at all.)

Now see all the useful information that wouldn't have been discussed if we'd deleted this thread? :D

IMG_0043.jpg
:D:wave:
See Dave, kids, and dogs, well, kid and dog... my favorite self portrait my youngest took.

Cute Kid , Nice Dog! ....Ned !!! tell her she is a great photographer! :wave:
Yup, sure enough! Vaughn, as usual is right on the money!!!

I agree...Greg, Vaughn, I will be posting mostly as thumbnails.
I was just playin around to see how it works. :p

Thanks to all for your help!

Last edited:
Posting a Picture

This reply is just to add a better title for the forum search engine to pick up on possible ways to post a picture on the forum. (maybe helpfull)
:lurk: