Jet Table Saw

I heard no complaints about any Jet tools, Randy. And while I have no experience with this saw it's not much different from my Delta contractor saw. Just a little less HP, but at 300 lbs it's a nice heavy saw. Of course it's not a cabinet saw, but neither is mine and I get by well enough with it. No complaints. The HP shouldn't be much of an issue if you have 220V in the shop. The manual should show you how to rewire the motor.

Last edited:
that is a nice saw, don't have any experience with it but have heard good about them

i agree about the ridgid though....i abused my dad's for a couple of years doing cabinets on the side. it took everthing i could throw at it. the 36" rip capacity is a big help. it's also left tilt...didn't see which tilt the jet was

chris

Randy...
I just bought the JPS-10TS which has a slightly better fence, and is the 1 3/4 HP version. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING. When I bought it, I thought I made the wrong decision because I opted NOT to get the cast Iron wings for it. There is absolutly NO vibration with the steel wings. Took about an hour to assemble it. (Maybe longer but I really didnt keep track.) The 708480K is my new baby. BTW Very heavy too! Very little adjustments were required straight out of the box. I think All the JET saws are a good buy. That's my take

Jason

The HP shouldn't be much of an issue if you have 220V in the shop. The manual should show you how to rewire the motor.
The 115 vs 220 will make no difference, you will not gain any more HP by changing.
As said, make sure this is a rt or lt saw, if a left tilt, seems like a good buy with the two cast iron extensions. I don't own this saw but do own other Jet tools and have been very happy with them. Good luck with your search ;)

Randy I have had that TS3650 too. It's one heck of a work horse.
I replaced it with a cabinet saw "Only" because dust collection is a big thing for me these days.
I don't have any experience with the Jet but have heard good reviews on some of their products.

DT

That was Jet's base contractor saw for several years, and was always well regarded. The fence is pretty basic but most owners say it's plenty functional. It's hard to find a better new saw for $400 IMO.

Sounds like a good price on a good saw, Randy. I've got the Ridgid TS3650, and in the bang for the buck category (and for functionality), I'd put it up against any other contractor saw I've seen. However, the price Rockler has right now on the Jet makes it hard to beat. Like I said, it's a good saw at a good price. :thumb:

On Jets website they list this as a right tilting saw. I'll go to the BORG and check out the Ridgid, have to get a extra snow shovel anyway.

Thanks for everybody's input.

Randy

Didn't mean to imply that, Scott. My understanding is that you get more torque, hence less motor drag, on heavier cuts when wired to 220.
Just wanted to make sure he didn't think having 220 would be an advantage with this saw if he didn't have it. The motor might run a bit cooler over extended periods of time of use," might" get to speed a split second faster, but 7 amps per leg (220) is the same as 14 amps at 110. Will add, IMHO

On Jets website they list this as a right tilting saw. I'll go to the BORG and check out the Ridgid, have to get a extra snow shovel anyway.

Thanks for everybody's input.

Randy
Be aware that the display model of the Ridgid saw at the borg will probably be only a hint at what the saw is really like. At my local Home Depot, the saw was only about halfway assembled, and everything was loose. In my shop, it was a much better story. ;)

Most of the HDs around here have lost their displays. I heard something about it a few months back, and questioned the tool guy at the local HD (great guy by the way. He even remembers me and goes out of his way to say hi and shake my hand) about losing the displays and he hadn't heard about it and said he hoped not and that it would be a big mistake. 3 months later they're gone. So don't be surprised if they don't have a display unit to look at. Maybe someone here on the list in your area has one and will invite you over to play with it. I have the 3612 (old grey model) and it has been a great tool. If I get to get my cab saw this time next year, I'll likely keep the 3612 and dedicate it to the daddo blade.
Oh, and I just recently rewired mine for 220 operation. I don't see any more torque or power, but it does spin up to speed quicker. Jim.

Oh, and I just recently rewired mine for 220 operation. I don't see any more torque or power, but it does spin up to speed quicker. Jim.

I guess that proves you can't believe everything you read. :dunno: I was hoping it was accurate b/c I was planning to rewire mine. I've bogged it down a time or two cutting 3" Oak. Thick Walnut, Cherry and Maple don't seem to bother it, but thick Oak... :huh: It's not bad if I slow the feed rate down, so I guess I'll opt for that over rewiring for now. Learn somethin' new every day.

I guess that proves you can't believe everything you read. :dunno: I was hoping it was accurate b/c I was planning to rewire mine. I've bogged it down a time or two cutting 3" Oak. Thick Walnut, Cherry and Maple don't seem to bother it, but thick Oak... :huh: It's not bad if I slow the feed rate down, so I guess I'll opt for that over rewiring for now. Learn somethin' new every day.

Billy, unless you happen to have one of those "Rare" type motors (I think on one model of a Delta Saw), that is actually built to give more HP when wired for 220, the only other time that you would see increased performance is if you have a long wire run from the Ckt Brkr Box and or small guage wiring. Usually if this occurs though you would have lights dimming or trip a Breaker or something, and in that case, wiring for 220/240, it would only use half the amps on each leg of the 220/240 ckt that would be required on a 110/120 ckt and therefore would not overstress the ckt due to resistance and it would get full power, but nothing additional.

Most of the HDs around here have lost their displays. I heard something about it a few months back, and questioned the tool guy at the local HD (great guy by the way. He even remembers me and goes out of his way to say hi and shake my hand) about losing the displays and he hadn't heard about it and said he hoped not and that it would be a big mistake. 3 months later they're gone. So don't be surprised if they don't have a display unit to look at. Jim.

You were right, no displays. They did have the machine in a box.:(

I'll keep researching.

Randy

I've made my decision and will purchase the Bosch 4100DG-09. Due to space considerations and since I'm only a weekend warrior I think this will do everything I need.

http://www.boschtools.com/tools/tools-detail.htm?H=175981&G=54932&I=80581

Most all the reviews I read were positive and the people spoke highly of the product. I have several of their cordless drills and am happy with those.

Here's a nice video showing some of the features:

http://www.taunton.com/finehomebuilding/videos/index.aspx?id=71528&c=1

It should be here next week, I'll post back once it arrives.

Randy

Congrats, Randy. I've read good things about that saw. Looking forward to reading your reactions after using it a bit.

You guys are killing me.........! :eek:

$400, man, I paid over $750 for my DeWalt BT744 (which I still very much like but....) :doh:

That Bosch saw looks FANTASTIC, dunno about the digital readout fence, I guess once it breaks, you can still use a ruler :rolleyes:

heck of a nice looking saw. Are you going to get a portable stand for it, or build a stand?

Cheers!