It's Friday and the last Day of 2010

Still trying to clean up my shop. Going to try and build a bench today, but at 16degrees in the shop and limited heating ability, it might be a stretch...

Right now going through the dvd archive of Fine WoodWorking, from 1975-2010...

And later, the festival of fried foods begins... :rofl:

My weekend's a 3-dayer since I get today off (in lieu of tomorrow):thumb:.

Friday: I plan on visiting a fly fishing shop I use to only occasionally visit which recently moved much closer to me. I don't have any present purchasing needs (or money either for that matter) but who knows what will happen once I get there. If anyone thinks woodworking is an expensive vice, just take up fly fishing. :rolleyes:

I believe my wife and I will be bringing in the New Year at a friends house. I'm not as social person as her so I'll do my best to remain upbeat about this development.

Saturday: In addition to meeting my normal father/husband responsibilities, I'll probably work in the shop for a couple of hours. I'm presently working on a simple project to hang on the wall near the door the family typically uses for ingress/egress.

Sunday: I think my moms and big brother will come over for the annual New Year's prime rib dinner feast. Besides that, I'm sure there are chores that need to be addressed and there's always the Seachickens game to watch as well. :(

Lunch with some friends today, shop time this afternoon, then a little junk food and a movie. Tomorrow, nothing planned but a nice thick steak on the grill. A little shop time sprinkled in on sat and sun.

Right now going through the dvd archive of Fine WoodWorking, from 1975-2010...

Well, good luck to Sharon on getting you to do anything for the next week or so. My wife has been there and done that. That DVD is mesmerizing and it becomes almost impossible to stop viewing it...

As for me the combination of good weather (sunshine) and no holiday duties (unlike last weekend) will allow me to finish the almost compete re-decking of the back porch. All I need to do to cut off the boards on one end and then put up the trim board around the perimeter.

Not sure what I will do after that, I have not planned that far. Unfortunately the "boss" most likely has so there will be no football games for me. Besides after watching the Washington Huskies upset Nebraska last night, why would I bring myself down watching to see if the Seahawks can go forward into playoffs with a 7 and 9 record.

I think my wife has planned to take down all the Xmas decorations today, which means I have to fetch all the boxes and take the wreaths off the outside of the house...she'll leave the snowmen up until around late February, so get to fetch boxes again then too. :doh:

I'm planning to tear into the wall with the electrical panel in the shop and see what surprises it holds for me. I had plugged in a charger for a drill a while back and it blew up...thought it was just the charger. Went to use that plug in my compressor to that plug this week and it shot a little spark. After some investigation, the previous owner had wired a 110 circuit with 220. :eek: So it's the first thing to go. I though I would just shut off the breaker to it, but the idiot had wired half the shop lights on one leg of the 220 circuit. :huh:

Saturday I plan to work some more on the kitchen cubby and finishing up trim work in the kitchen. Sunday I may be working on doors for the cabinets.

Have a happy new year everyone! :wave:

we had a group of 11 of just close friends but the restaurant isnt taking reservations this year because they booked a huge party, so its going to be a long night. No kids this year, but friends are coming over at 7:30 and we went simple this year, just 6 feet of sandwiches and all the junk that comes with it.
I did shovel snow today and put in 2 hours in the shop.Gonna hit the snow tomorrow also, 50 degree temps will assist me, and hopefully get more shop time, although I believe college football is on the schedule and I might have company.

I am cleaning in the shop and it is going slllooowww. I need to get it cleaned so I have some more room and then maybe I can convince the beeter half to let me get a bandsaw. I need it to build a jewrly chest for her and a silverware box for our daughter. I won't be seeing the new year in as the LOML has to get up at 4:30 to go to work.

my family knows that all too well Rex. My bil works for the airlines and this is the first new years eve hes on a vacation week. He usually leaves the celebration before it begins since he has to be in work by 3:30am.

looks lonely but I just took it out of the car. Let the games begin.

I have 2 more cases of noise makers, I just put them all in a laundry basket so my friends laugh at me. (leftover junk from my store)

Attachments

• bed 155 (Medium).jpg
    bed 155 (Medium).jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 17
  • bed 157 (Medium).jpg
    bed 157 (Medium).jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 17
After the week I've had at work, I'm going to sleep. I'll watch the TCU game tomorrow to cheer them on. Need to get on the roofs of the house and shop and blow leaves out of the valleys again. Might poke my head into the shop just to make sure everything is there. Don't have materials to do anything with. Need to work on plans for the assembly table and think about getting started on it. Still playing with ideas in my head right now. Hope everyone has a safe weekend and a great New Year! Jim.