Friday Again!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Boy, Fridays come around quick. Doctor's appointment today. Tomorrow is interesting. Funeral in the morning. Birthday party in the afternoon, Good friend coming in for a couple of days tomorrow as well. I will be bushed! Sunday two services and putting up a storage shed later. Monday the roof is being replaced on my motorhome. Will take three days. That is enough excitement for one weekend! Add to that is yesterday I pulled a muscle in my back and can barely breathe today. I was simply drawing a glass of water from my water cooler. Go figure.

Last edited:
Just got postage printed for the swap item to go out in the mail then headed to town to do some banking. Got a couple metal signs designed this morning that were ordered for Christmas presents. Getting ready to heat to Houston for a week for Thanksgiving on Sunday morning. Baby girl has had ear infections this past week and is still a little whiny and clingy and I'm mentally exhausted!! I'm ready for the break and to visit family!

WOW

YES

NO ALARM CLOCK on Saturday

I need to clean the shop and get back to the kitchen island.

My machine is in New York - so I want that island out of the shop - FAST --- like BEFORE the machine gets here

Dang, Carol...sounds like you're gonna have enough fun for all of us. :D Take care of that back. ;)

We've got a show tonight at a local sports bar. We're the opening act, so I'm going to the club about noon to work out the details of setting up our PA system beside or in front of the other band's. (We'd rather use our system than theirs.) I'm not real fond of gigs like this, because it means we have to tear down at breakneck speed so the other band can take the stage. I'd much rather take my time and pack up carefully so nothing gets lost in the shuffle.

Saturday I'm going to be doing some handyman stuff around the little chile store where LOML has been working. Nothing fancy, just securing some shelves to walls and things like that. Also have various chores around the house to get done.

Sunday is wide open at this point. Might just get a bad case of the lazies and do as little as possible. We'll see. ;)

Celebrating a magic number today. Fifty years ago the snack lady and I were married in a huge snow storm in a little town on the St Lawrence river in the wilds of upstate NY. We made it as far as Massena before the snow got too bad and ended up honeymooning in an old motel with a case of champagne and not much else. What were we thinking.....18262 days together....we each could have had at least two or three other spouses during this time, maybe more. Nah....too much trouble:rofl::rofl::rofl: The rest of the weekend? Well, we did buy a couple of bottles of champagne!

Last edited:
No grandson this weekend, but it's gonna be cold, so may work on some house projects. If the winds die down, I may chop up some leaves. Got a case of wooden car wheels the other day, so need to work on some cars for gifts.

Congrats Ted and Mrs. Ted! :thumb:

Monday the roof is being replaced on my motorhome. Will take three days.

I was curious how this was done and found the following video. Personally I found it better with the sound muted.

As for myself, I need to finish up the floor trim in the master bath where I built a paneled wall several (Ok maybe longer) years ago.

I need to start designing my next project based on the following inspiration:
Step-Back Cupboard_Michael_Dunbar_2.jpg

Last edited:
LOML and I had lunch at a local Tex-Mex place today, then did a little shopping to pick up the final items for a batch of chili I'm preparing. Maybe a little shop time later.

Saturday will definitely some shop time to carve more wine glass holders on my CNC for friends. We're forecast to have a rainy day, so it might be a good day to stay indoors all day!

Sunday will be preparing for the NASCAR Championship race, starting with brunch, then a lot of laziness!

Looks like its time for the leaves to leaf the yard... so I'm going to have to stop leafing them alone and probably clean the gutters as well. Unfortunately not all the trees are deleafing at once this year (same species 20' apart one is entirely bare the other is still almost entirely green.. yaah nano climates). I need to clean kegs and keg 2? of the 3 beers I made last weekend (not sure about the 3rd, its a rather big beer a clone of: http://struise.com/bieren-beers/pannepot-10-abv-bdsa/ so it may take longer).

Might get some shop time in after that, I have a stack of 2x3's that are demanding to be made into a bucket stand so I can clean up the pantry area... so it would be nice to get both of those things out of the way, and loml is getting more anticipatory about a new bookshelf for the yarn room (its nominally the "craft room" but lets call a spade a spade stacks or buckets of yarn stacks of buckets of yarn) so I should have that in the queue shortly thereafter. Nothing fancy in either case..

I was curious how this was done and found the following video. Personally I found it better with the sound muted.

Slightly terrifying every time I see the insides of RV's it makes me want one less. Duct tape? I suppose...

I need to start designing my next project based on the following inspiration:

https://web.mail.comcast.net/service/home/~/?auth=co&id=299747&part=2.2

Looks like your picture pointed at something inside of your mail client, you'll probably want to upload it.

Staying in tonight...with a fire. Snowmeggeddon is predicted thru the night. 7.5" expected, but you would think the world was ending with the media coverage and the people at the grocery stores. I stay inside for the first snow storm every year as people seem to forget how to drive in snow over the summer. Tomorrow I'll dig us out so the girl can get to her metal sculpture/jewelry class at the local art museum while the wife starts xmas shopping for the nieces and nephews and I will have the entire day in the shop to finish up more ornaments and cutting boards for a couple shows I have in the couple weeks. I'll either make a bunch of $$ or have gifts for giving for the next several years! :rolleyes: :huh:

Mr. and Mrs Ted....Congrats!!:thumb: My parents celebrate their 50th this coming July.

Congrats to Ted and Margie iirc. 50 years wow its a lifetime.
But Ted I imagine its been a hoot with snack lady's wonderful sense of humor. We still laughing from meeting you both at Jonathan's.

Carol wow hope the back eases up and u get a break soon.

For me its ...paint...paint
..paint and finish putting up Xmas lights at new place before real bad weather hits.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Busy weekend.
Hosting my grand daughter Caroline's 1st birthday at our house Saturday afternoon. My daughters house is too small I'm told :rolleyes: The morning busy doing errands and finalizing all the help I'm going to need for Sundays Church Thanksgiving dinner. About 125 people have signed up for dinner and I have about 15 folks to help cook, set up, serve, and clean up. The high school kids are helping out by serving desserts and cleaning up. All the shopping is done and everything looks AOK for launch :D

1st thing in the morning heading to the farm in Va for a 2 day hunt. Knee feeling really good so taking the canoe to the way back and sitting all day and then back on Sunday. 2 previous year 3 nice bucks have been taken.

still busy with medicare open enrollment so gotta work tomorrow. taking Sunday off but back at it on Monday i am booked all the way up to turkey day. got just 2 more weeks for folks to make changes this year and it's been a real busy year. gonna watch the Cardinals Sunday night to see how they do against cinci. looks like they may make it to the play offs since they are at the top of their division.

Congratulations Ted on your 50 year fun experience. We passed that mile stone last Dec still doesn't feel that long ago.
Week end involves shaking this cold. Also enjoy first snow fall.
Carol you take care of yourself. Hate it when people hurt.
David

I've been immersed in preparing for our annual industry conference in recent weeks, which successfully wrapped up last night. Unwinding today, catching up around home, winterizing etc.
The annual interdenominational pre-Christmas choral performance is tonight, always a wonderful event.

Congratulations Ted and Madame Ted!

Carol I really hope that long overdue break comes soon and I wish we were closer so we could help in some way with the heavy lifting.

Last edited: