Good buy?

Don't stop at the stop sign at the end of your road on the way down to get it. Cause if you do I'll trunk ya to get you out of my way so I can get there first.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That is a great price and would make a good starter unit. The wife and I bought a set. We both are doing a lot of practicing but her more than me right now. The only thing I will change on mine down the road is a small compressor that has a tank. It won't run every time you pull the trigger. If you are thinking about it I would go for it.

Bernie he thought about it to long. Gave me enough time to drive out and buy it out from under him.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jim,
I think I see the set for ~ 90$ from time to time. In the world of airbrushing you're not going to get great brushes out of HF. I have one of their little compressors, a Paasche dual action, and a a few of the HF models both single and double when they were on sale. Depending on your intentions and skill level you might be better off piecing it together. I have a 3hp compressor, but rarely use it cuz it's tucked away. Anyone of the small tank with dual gauges would suit you well and a handy little compressor at lathe side. Make sure you use an inline filter.
Good luck!
mj

ps - HF has the compressor new for 59.99 on sale (25% off) now, per their flyer

Last edited:
Thanks Chuck!!

Chuck is such a great guy that he left me one of the numerous set's this lady had:p...what a guy :thumb::thumb:
So it works well shooting water, pressure stays constant and the price tag of $125 was still on the compressor. I'm guessing some plumbing attachments will be necessary for the 2nd H2O trap, but it has one already...more is better, right:huh:
Looks like another trip to see the airbrush teacher in a few months!:wave:

Attachments

• AB.jpg
    AB.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 31
Chuck is such a great guy that he left me one of the numerous set's this lady had:p...what a guy :thumb::thumb:
So it works well shooting water, pressure stays constant and the price tag of $125 was still on the compressor. I'm guessing some plumbing attachments will be necessary for the 2nd H2O trap, but it has one already...more is better, right:huh:
Looks like another trip to see the airbrush teacher in a few months!:wave:

I hope you'll post some pics. Airbrush seems like a natural device for embellishment, up there with texturing and carving. Good luck.
mj

Congrats on the get, Jim. :thumb:

I'm not sure the second water trap is necessary, but I also don't see that it could hurt as long as it's not adding leaks to the system. Then again, an airbrush requires such little pressure, I don't think a small leak would be a killer. (This is coming from someone with very little airbrush experience...heck, I still don't know how to pronounce Paasche, even though I own one.)

Time to start playing with it and seeing what ideas it gives you. ;) Food coloring, Rit fabric dye, Transfast powdered dye, and Transtint liquid dye are just some of your coloring options. (Transtint is my preference, since it can be mixed with either water or DNA. All the others listed are water-based.)

By the way, if you decide to spray Transtint dye with DNA as a carrier, be sure to wear a VOC-rated respirator when spraying. You probably already knew that, huh? You're not as dumb about such respiratory things as I am. :doh: :rolleyes: :p

Crud...I knew I forgot something...anyone seen my "Respiratory Therapy for Dummies" book :huh::huh: I just had it here a minute ago...:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I picked up some of those Artisan dyes from CSUSA. That's what I've been using on my pens and that pot. So far they seem good...but since that's all I've used...:doh::huh: Gonna find some ash or light stuff like that to mess with :thumb: