Orders

Well got most of my Christmas orders done. I have in the back from left to right is two cedar peppermills, a set of cedar salt and peppermills, a set of cherry salt and peppermills, along with several toothpick holders. In front in the middle is a Honduran Mahogany salt mill and antique peppermill and on the right front is a cherry antique peppermill with toothpick holder. I made some extra coasters on the left. These are 5 of the 11 orders I got. The others have already been picked up. I have 3 pens left to make yet and one antique peppermill as I sold the wifes when we ran out at the craft fair. So need to get her another one. Insides have two coats of shellac and the outsides are lacquer. Would have used water based lacquer but needed to get these finishe quickly.

Attachments

• Pepper mills 2.jpg
    Pepper mills 2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 61
Hey Bernie, i think you got to change that signature line of yours. I thought this was supposed to be retirement. Title like orders hardly sounds retired. :rofl::thumb:

All look great and i find it fantastic that you are able to make your hobby pay for itself and have fun doing it in retirement. Just dont let the orders spoil the goodtime.

I got orders to make more of your birdnests for Xmas not paying customer its my wife, but since i made a few last Xmas this is what happens. I blame you.:rofl:
Now i got to find some of those small birds. I have only been able to get rather big ones here at Michaels.

Thanks to all.

Rob I have broad shoulders and will take the blame. I get my birds here Rob. http://www.sagebaskets.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=14&zenid=1cfa80be5491d831c02abd5ba730a15e A lot cheaper than Michaels. I get 24 birds for about the same price as 6 at Michaels. I get the 1" and 1.5" birds.

Tom B. I used to build a few grandfather clocks. I have sold 9 I built since 1988. I got depend on how ornate they were from $5,000 to $9,000. Have sold a lot of my equipment but every piece of wood was cut shaped, etc. I have one I am in the process of building for me and that will be the last. What you see in the background are part of my clock collection. I have some 70 or so clocks. One clock I bought at a estate auction in Pleasaton, Neb. was owned by a watch repairman to time his watches and was brought there in a covered wagon around 1861. Kids didn't want it so they sold it. I bought it for $245. Found out it is valued at somewhere between $21,000 and $24,500. On top of turning I do antique clock restoration and clock repair but am starting to wind that down. Just getting to demanding and trying to travel isn't helping.

Here ya go Tom. The first pic's is the a few clocks in my collection, the second pic's is a my grandfather in progress and the third is a pic's of the Seth Thomas wall clock I was talking about. Enjoy.

Attachments

• My Clocks 1.jpg
    My Clocks 1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 16
  • My Grandfather 1.jpg
    My Grandfather 1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Seth Thomas Wall Clock 2.jpg
    Seth Thomas Wall Clock 2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 14
Hey Bernie, what time it it? :scram::D

My dad had a cousin whose husband collected clocks while he was stationed in Germany. (We used to visit the cousin's house when I was a kid.) They had a mix of cuckoo clocks and others that just chimed. They had 40 to 50 of them as I recall, all of the running, and their house got really noisy every hour on the hour.

Bernie, thanks for the clock pics. Very cool. I've got several clock plans here that I've been looking at and just got a catalog from "Klockit" this week. I would like to start a project as soon as I can just figure out which one.

Thanks guys. Vaughn the wife only lets me have 3 clocks in the house. One cuckcoo clock that I got for my dad in the 60's and 2 German clocks which are my favorite because of the deep sounding gongs. Out in the shop it is a different story. On the 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and the hour it does get quite noisey.:rofl:

Tom you are welcome. I don't run the big clock all the time but do wind it several times a year. It is a time only with no chiming. On the first picture the third shelf down the two black mantles were my grandmothers. She gave them to me because I was the only one who wanted to wind them all the time and would sit and listen to them chime on the hour and half hour for hours when I was a kid. The little lavender music box is actually a powder puff holder my grandmother used to put a little red in her cheeks and the little green clock was given to her by my uncle who was in Germany in WWII. 4 of my dads brothers served in the military including my dad.