Wanted to buy: Very small pieces of fancy wood between 3/16" and 3/8" thick.

Joseph Shaul

Wanted to buy: Very small pieces of fancy wood between 3/16" and 3/8" thick.

I'm working on rebuilding some high-end headphones out of something better than nasty plastic, and need a very small amount of very fancy wood to make it out of - just two 4" circles (or 4"+ squares from which I might cut circles) of macassar ebony, cocobolo, bloodwood, rengas, or just about anything with lots of interesting lines and color.

Because the finished project is effectively a piece of jewelry, it has to be of exceptional quality, and because I'm new to this and have limited access to tools, it needs to be in an easy-to-use format - a combination I've had a great deal of trouble finding. Instead of ordering blind from a catalog or buying a turning block and trying to dry it and slice it myself, I'm hoping that someone might have some leftovers of the appropriate type that they'd be willing to sell me for a reasonable fee.

Thanks,
Joe.

Joseph,

I have quite a bit of curly Koa that's been sitting around the shop for a long time. If you'll pay shipping, I'll send you a couple of pieces (4.5" x 4.5" x 3/8" ?). PM if you're interested.

For that matter, I have at least 20 - 30 (maybe many more) 3/4" x 3/4" pen blanks (Koa, Purpleheart, Bloodwood, etc. etc.) of the same material that I'd be happy to donate to Family Woodworking member. All you'd have to pay is the shipping.

Joseph,

I have quite a bit of curly Koa that's been sitting around the shop for a long time. If you'll pay shipping, I'll send you a couple of pieces (4.5" x 4.5" x 3/8" ?). PM if you're interested.

For that matter, I have at least 20 - 30 (maybe many more) 3/4" x 3/4" pen blanks (Koa, Purpleheart, Bloodwood, etc. etc.) of the same material that I'd be happy to donate to Family Woodworking member. All you'd have to pay is the shipping.

That would be stupendous! I'm not sure if I can use all of those, but I'm helping out with a high school jewelry class which definitely could.

You have PM.