Few more boards

Tom Niemi

Staff member
Had a friend see the last ones I made and ordered a matching set:) I really need to work on my pics as these have real heavy curl in the maple and are not showing on the pics:eek: The red wood is jarrah and will turn dark brown like the counter top below:)
Commision Boards 1.jpgCommision Boards 2.jpg

Curly? Yeah, right. :rolleyes: I know planer marks when I see 'em! :p :rofl:

That's a great-looking set, Tom. Your friend should be very pleased with those. :clap:

Well I can clearly see the curl from my phone so it's not that bad of a picture!!

I am wondering about your finishing schedule, you seem to be able to really be able to get maple to pop nicely.

:thumb:

Well I can clearly see the curl from my phone so it's not that bad of a picture!!

I am wondering about your finishing schedule, you seem to be able to really be able to get maple to pop nicely.

:thumb:

Not sure what Tom used, but when I was making quite a few curly maple cutting boards, plain ol' mineral oil did a great job of popping the grain (after sanding to 400 grit).

Thanks guys you all are very kind:) I'm with Vaughn and use good ole mineral oil for my boards, and Steve, I still have a few hundred board feet of that curlie stuff in my inventory:D