wynn catridge filter for my delta dust collector

allen levine

after some reading, I decided to go with a wynn filter to replace the delta .5 micron bag on top of the 50-760 collector.
I was looking over the installation tonight, and Im out of luck since Im sort of crashing down from my treatments, my eyes will not lift up to focus correctly from working from the bottom up to secure the filter.(and my hands arent working too well this past week or so)
I called my buddy, who will come over for dinner tomorrow evening, and sometime tomorrow night, in between ncaa hoops and meatballs/pasta, he will do the up work for me.
This filter has another huge advantage for me.
I have a low ceiling, that the filter bag when inflated doesnt fit under, so I have to keep the collector more in the center of the shop when in use, and its very inconvenient for me.
The catridge, while more effecient I believe, is also much shorter which will allow me to roll the collector into the corner and out of my way all the time, only need to roll it out to empty it.I will offer my very unprofessional review of the filter and how it stacks up or how I feel it stacks up next to the bag after I use it a bit.

Good news is Im getting my treatment home, no more hospitals, the day I return from Saratoga from the woodworking show, I had to explain that to the secretary I didnt want to miss the show

Last edited:
I hope the filter works out for you Allen. I've got the same dc and have looked at a wynn several times just haven't pulled the trigger. I look forward to your review. I also hope the treatments get you squared away and everything can get back to some semblance of normal.

Last edited:
It took 3 of us 45 minutes to get the filter on the dust collector.
eh, we watched northern Iowa beat kansas and we were all shook up, so maybe not the right time, but the 3 brain surgeons we are,(me, my bil, and my best friend) we got it done.Here let me get it on, no, Ill do it, dont worry, its ok, Ill do it.....and so we went on. Bonding.
Turnbuckles went on easy enough, personally, I think a drop bigger on the turnbuckle would have helped these hands, but its easy enough.
pretty cool that wynns site has pictures and instructions for the exact delta dust collector, made it kind of simple stuff. Even a klutz like me couldnt mess it up.

so who ever heard of northern iowa until tonight?

Attachments

• bed 072 (Medium).jpg
    bed 072 (Medium).jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Congrats, Allen. :thumb: That looks like the same filter I put on my Harbor Freight dust collector. I've sure been happy with mine, and Wynn is great to do business with. I called them once to order some more clear bags, and Dick Wynn answered the phone himself and took my order.

Did you get the 0.5 micron non-washable one or the 1 micron washable one? (Mine's the 0.5 version.)

Well,

As someone who was born in Iowa, I have heard of Northern Iowa, just not the school so much... :rofl:

Congrats on the the filter, looks like a nice unit, and a nice job. Also nice to spend some quality time with the FamDamly...

That's gonna be a big improvement Allen. Its great that the short physical size will allow you so much filter media in a nice usable size. I have open rafters overhead and so put a fat/tall AFF bag on my little Delta. The increased filter surface improved it so much that it got to stay after I got a cyclone. I imagine the Wynn filter has much more surface than my bag. I think you are gonna be very happy with that setup.

Iowa........ :huh: :dunno:

What's that?

Is it some kind of rating for DC air flow :huh:

Nice filter, has to be better than the old dust bag, I'm sure you IOWA will go way up :thumb:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

just blow them clean now and then with a little burst from the compressor.
I think Mr. Wynn told me to blow it clean around 60-70 psi, not 100% sure, Id have to check the writeups to make certain.
Im also not sure if its my imagination, but all 3 of us felt the suction with the bag, attached the filter, and we all feel I was getting more suction with the nano filter, although the bag was pretty dirty last night. I havent cleaned it in a while.

(I think these catridge filters should be a standard or optional item at purchase. They offer more surface area in a more compact space, and for the home woodworker, this is a bonus, as well as just makes much more sense.)

Last edited:
...(I think these catridge filters should be a standard or optional item at purchase. They offer more surface area in a more compact space, and for the home woodworker, this is a bonus, as well as just makes much more sense.)

Gotta disagree there, Allen!

If you were closer, I'd could've given you the filter off my 2hp. It's been collecting dust (pun intended) in the barn for a couple years. I got so tired of having to taki it off and outside to clean the clogs out of it - and in the process, clean up the mess on the floor that taking it off made - that I got rid of it.

I replaced it with an American Fabric Filter 36" diameter, 6 foot high bag, and got improved air flow, no clogs, and a much quieter running DC.

I sure hope you have better luck with the filter than I did.

Allen,
Doesn't the filter have something like a crank handle on the top that runs a squeegee-like device across the pleats to dislodge the dust? Most that I've seen - including the one I got rid of - have something like that.

None of the ones I've seen from Wynn have the crank and cleaning paddle.

I can empathize with you on cleaning the filter. I can roll my DC out to the driveway, and that helps, but it's still a dusty job if I have to remove the filter. After adding the Thien baffle to my DC though, I've only needed to take the filter off once to clean it, and that was because it had ingested the edge strip from one of my rubber floor mats, which disrupted the flow and allowed a bunch of larger chips into the filter. Other than that episode, I just clean mine now by blowing on it from the outside with compressed air and banging on the sides of the filter to knock any caked dust loose and into the bag. So far, that seems to do the trick, since I do notice some improvement in airflow after I do it.

My Jet 1100DC with the Wynn filter WAS hard to clean the first couple times.

Then I put in a Thien Baffle - It's been over a year, and I haven't had to clean it, yet. I used to have to clean my filter ever 3 bags or so but not no more! :D