New kit

Jim Burr

Mesa Ti Gold from Woodturningz. These are new for me but have changed my mind on gold kits (which I notoriously dislike) for dark woods. Apricot that really isn't very exciting, so I had to throw in an Amboyna to keep up with Michael :rofl::p.
Both sanded to 600, 4 coats of CA with the last two sanded with 4000 then 12000. Hope ya like 'em :wave::wave:

Attachments

• Apricot.jpg
    Apricot.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 43
  • Amboyna.jpg
    Amboyna.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 48
Mesa Ti Gold from Woodturningz. These are new for me but have changed my mind on gold kits (which I notoriously dislike) for dark woods. Apricot that really isn't very exciting, so I had to throw in an Amboyna to keep up with Michael :rofl::p.
Both sanded to 600, 4 coats of CA with the last two sanded with 4000 then 12000. Hope ya like 'em :wave::wave:

Look great from here Jim!:thumb:
IMHO the gold plating complements the darker woods.
What plating would you use instead of Gold for the darker woods?

Les

Not sure Les:huh:...I just wore out on gold because that's all I had. Ti is a much better wearing finish and I think, more elegant. But again, these changed my mine:D

Jim, those are beautiful! Ain't nothin wrong with that apricot one....:thumb:
I like a mix of gold and chrome, and for me - I've made the uptown Wallstreets for gifts, and then bought the lower end ones for myself and I PREFER the black plastic on a pen I will use to write with all day. The metal (any) gets slippery, and uncomfortable for me.

Perhaps the ol Les Paul "black beauty" with gold hardware is stuck in my mind, but it's a real nice look.