New twist on wine bottle holder

I put this in the lathe section because that's where it was made. I did not make this a friend of mine did and I thought is was unique.

Also I know there are some computer guru's that post under this section and possibly they could help me. I have ShopNotes magazines vol 1 thru 86. They are in PDF format, the complete file is 2.21 GB. I also have WoodSmith vol 133 thru 180 which is also in PDF. This file is 1.26 GB.

I thought it may be of interest to some to read these,specially some of the older ShopNotes. I have tried to download these to the Forum and, you guessed it, they're two big.

If anyone knows how or think they can do it I would copy to a DVD and send it to them and let them try. I just thought they would be of interest to some and it would be my way of repaying for all the tips and information I've received from the Forum.

Jiggs Elphison

Attachments

• DSCF2008 (768 x 576).jpg
    DSCF2008 (768 x 576).jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCF2009 (768 x 576).jpg
    DSCF2009 (768 x 576).jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 70
Cool bottle holder indeed. :thumb:

On the PDF files, it's a great thought and very generous of you, but not workable. For one, they're bigger than what we can allow for uploads. Also, posting them here publicly would be a copyright violation. Generally, we can get away with posting snippets of text and a few pictures, especially if we give credit to the source, but posting a whole volume (or multiple volumes) of a magazine could get us in hot water. ;)

I like the idea of the wine bottle holder however I would think this would be very "top" heavy. The base looks like it would need to be wider to be steady. I have seen several different kinds of holders like this and I think they are all very cool.

Tom

That is one cool wine bottle holder... those gravity holders always draw attention and go over well at shows.... would your or your friend object if I tried my hand a copying his design, or at least using the principal to try to make some myself?

I like the idea of the wine bottle holder however I would think this would be very "top" heavy. The base looks like it would need to be wider to be steady. I have seen several different kinds of holders like this and I think they are all very cool.

Tom

I make a similar thingy in the shape of a fish, mostly bandsaw work. My base is only about 1/2" thick. The idea is a balancing act.
The whole concept is interesting but totaly useless.
Jiggs is still very neat and deserves an "atta boy" for being mostly lathe work. :thumb:

I make a similar thingy in the shape of a fish, mostly bandsaw work. My base is only about 1/2" thick. The idea is a balancing act.
The whole concept is interesting but totaly useless.
Jiggs is still very neat and deserves an "atta boy" for being mostly lathe work. :thumb:

Frank, Anything that I can get people to give me money for, can't be totally useless..:wave:
'course I tell customers that my wine bottle stoppers are the most useless thing I make... if you open a bottle of wine, you need to drink it right?