Family Visit

Chuck Ellis

Ryan Mooney was in town this week, looking over the area and visiting... he stopped by for a couple of hours yesterday with his wife and met my wife and my close friend David. David is also a turner.

We had a really nice long visit, exchanged a lot of ideas, showed him my shop, dirty and messy as it was, and several of the projects I had working.

He also left me a bottle of his home brewed Mead... looking forward to cracking that open....

I have to say Chuck, your shop is paragon of cleanliness compared to the tornado result that's mine:eek:. Chuck has a really nice turners studio setup. Most everything is in easy reach and all the parts and pieces are nicely organized into trays and drawers and the tools are right handy (I really need to make a chisel rack!). I pickup a few nice layout and organizational tips on every shop tour and this was definitely no exception. There was an nice collection of works in progress so it was nice to be able to see a lot of the work first hand, always better in person it seems.

Was great being able to talk shop with Chuck and Charlie, you couldn't ask for a nicer crowd and in a real beautiful spot up in the foothills. The beautiful drive in was just the icing on the cake.

I'm hoping the Mead isn't too hard to open, lomls mom bought me a fancy floor corker a few years back and it makes it a little toooo easy to put the cork in the bottle; this one has a champagne cork in it (lightly sparkling) and while I did try to pick out one that wasn't in to far, well, here's hoping. So if we don't hear about it for a while it's probably my fault and he just can't get the darn bottle open :doh: