First of the year

Chas Jones

_________ ___ ___

__________________British Elm__________________(247mm)__________________Chestnut finishing Oil______________

....Is the chestnut oil like our walnut oil? Just curious. ......

Ohhh, sorry about that Bernie, a bit misleading, it is in fact a Brand name, it's a blend of Tung oil and various other oils and additives to speed drying.

Prosperous new year to you all, must away and now and clean up the shed so that I can burn some of the debris that is collecting before it gets too unfriendly outside. (15.45 hrs here)

A beautiful piece of wood.:eek: I love that grain.:)

Yes it is, it is one of the lesser figured pieces gifted to me over Christmas by a UK Forum Member (a whole car trunk full) this is a piece of it in Burr form.
DSC02643%20(Small).JPG

Working this and several other pieces is awaiting the purchase of a bowl saver with my Christmas monies.

Chas, good looking bowls with a very nice wide rim, lovely wood, always a surprise to discover what showes up when turning a nice piece of wood.
Good work Chas :thumb:

Thanks for the kind comments fellas.

Neil, you are too generous, I can only aspire to the standard in your gallery, although I mainly churn out functional as opposed decorative, the workmanship, choice of wood specimen and finish you achieve is to be admired.