Trammel - forged by hand

.................I'd be interested to know how the fish came about being the adjuster, do you know?

They eat a lot of fish :dunno: :D

I think they are called Irori, or Jizaikagi, I'd have to check.

I've seen them in various forms, Fish, birds, bears, sake bottles, hammer, axes, carrot, Diakon, really depends on the area, some have certain regional flavours.

Some pics...........

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

About 95% of all I found on the web were fish :rolleyes: :D

If you feel a need to have it used in the original way, e.g. for cooking over open fires, I will be happy to utilize that way for you. As an historical reenactor, at events everthing we wear, use or do is authentic pre-1840. Cooking over an open fire is as natural to me as today's teens popping corn in a microwave. Just send, later I'll show a picture of some of the cooked food. ;)

Nice work Alan. I never did any forgeing but is a real intresting art. I have a machine shop in my woodworking shop for makeing parts for arn. I will be makeing hand made arts and crafts pulls, hinges for cabinets I will be building this summer.
Might get you to do a but of forgeings I am intrested in for a bed later when I get it all worked out in the pumpkin
Nice going
Reg