What can this thing be used for????

Jim O'Dell

Ok, not sure if this is the best place for this question, but it is definately a fixture! I got this at work that came out of a utility van, didn't get to see how it was mounted to know what it might have been used for, but doesn't appear to have any wear and tear on it. Check out these pictures, one from each side of this contraption.1)right side DSCN1413.jpg 2)left side DSCN1414.jpg 3)front DSCN1415.jpg
4)back DSCN1416.jpg

My first thought was to mount my scroll saw on it so I could tilt it to different angles when I needed or wanted to. What do you think? Thanks for looking and offering ideas! Jim.

edit: I guess I should also say that this thing is about 9" tall, and 5" wide. The adjusters have numbered dials on them that you can rotate to zero out, and the side adjuster has elevation marks from 20 to 66 in 1 degree slashes stamped on the metal sides.

Last edited:
Jim,

I used to work for a company that did tech support for the Sony Satellite boxes and dishes. A dish mounting bracket was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this.

I know that the brackets are pretty strong....just make sure that what every you mount it to is very secure. One of the guys that I worked with did pullups on one of the dish arms that was on our building. He was about 190 lbs.