Looky what I saw Saturday morning...

Bill Grumbine

I was outside up by my shop early Saturday morning getting ready for a show, when this guy caught my eye, preparing to sneak across the road from the field above us to our field. I called SWMBO on the cell phone and got her to run the camera up to me. I am sneaking around to keep him in sight and she is chasing me with the camera. By the time I actually got the camera and was ready to shoot, he had seen me and was a little spooked. But I got one shot...

Attachments

• novemberbuck02.jpg
    novemberbuck02.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 33
bill, it was opening weekend here in the sticks, most of the older bucks are deap in the sticks during daylight hours, the spikes are running rampent though....tod

Nice looking buck Bill. Opening day starts on the 15th here so we are gearing up in hopes that someone in the family can get one. That buck tends to get this ole country boys heart a palpatin.:thumb:

I almost got a picture of a women with a Neiman Marcus bag near my fence....by the time I got my camera ....she was gone...probaly a friend called her on the cell and told her there was a sale at Armani:rolleyes:

Bill ...nice buck!

I almost got a picture of a women with a Neiman Marcus bag near my fence....by the time I got my camera ....she was gone...probaly a friend called her on the cell and told her there was a sale at Armani:rolleyes:

Bill ...nice buck!

:rofl:

After living in SoCal for 45 years, that isn't so hard to believe;) .

:rofl:
Mark Singer said:
After living in SoCal for 45 years, that isn't so hard to believe;) .
The feral shopper population has gotten completely out of hand lately. I can't wait until the season starts.

Nice shot, Bill. I always like seeing critters in thew backyard like that.

Despite all the SoCal stereotypes, last Friday I saw a nice-sized whitetail doe right before sundown a couple blocks from my office in Burbank. I've also seen three deer mid-day eating fallen olives from the trees in the parking lot at my office. This is 5 minutes from the Burbank (Bob Hope) Airport, and a couple hundred yards from I-5.

Bill ...nice buck!

Mark,

Have they instituted a season on women with NM bags in So Cal? If so, I may be interested in moving back just so I can get a bag limit fulfilled.

All the hunters here! Including Mark, hunting for that lady on her way to Armani... :D He looks tasty, but I gave up hunting years ago. Too many people from Philly and NYC in the woods shooting at every sound and movement.

Nice shot and NICE buck!

I hear ya Bill. It's been proably fifteen years since I hunted. The last time I hunted is probably the last time I ever will. I came within about twenty feet of being shot several times! I was on state land here in Michigan and hunting where I always hunted with our party which consisted of me, my father and grandfather, my fathers uncle and a good friend of my grandfather. My grandfather's gone now and my father and his uncle are older and have lost interest. This particular time I was by myself because I hadn't planned on hunting that year but late in the afternoon of the fourteenth I just couldn't stand it anymore so I took a couple of days off work and packed up and headed north. I had a good time even though I was alone. I spent the time refelcting on the good times I'd had with my group in the past. But the area I was in had gotten way overloaded with hunters and somebody not far away and who I don't think even realized I was there just started blasting away. I saw the brush move and heard the bullets hitting not twenty feet away. I hit the deck until the shooting stopped and then got up and got my rear end out of there!

Good luck hunters. I hope ya bag the buck of your dreams!

John

Good luck hunters. I hope ya bag the buck of your dreams!

John

Thanks John, but I haven't got the urge as much as I did before this ole boy came along. Now it is just fun to be with the family and hope they get the buck of their dreams.

100_0213.jpg

WOW !

That's a dandy and one to be proud of Steve. Nice job.

I really do miss deer camp. I had some great years and looked forward to it every year. The first few years I didn't go really were tough. But they're memories that I'll have forever.

Miss ya Grandpa, thanks for the memories!

1200deercamp2.jpg

John