Sorry I upset everyone

David Freed

This did not turn out as I had hoped. Sorry to have bothered everyone here.

Bob,
Thank you to you and your son.

Last edited:
And the point of this post is?

I don't have a dog in this fight. I don't care if you stay or leave frankly. I haven't read the other posts you refer to nor do I care too. I wouldn't normally even respond but it sounds like you going our of you way trying to stir something up and just love a good fight. If that is the case then I will just ignore your posts from now on and hope you leave.

It's a woodworking forum, why not talk about woodworking and take the crap somewhere that likes a good fight?

That is all I got to say.

and if I do stay, I will just try to quietly join in a conversation because I don't like arguing all the time.

Hi David,
I've been here since Dec 2007 and in that time I've seen very little contention on this forum... I belong to others that seem to have more contentious posts than here. I've obviously missed something because I have no idea what either of your posts refer to, nor do I intend to search to try and find out... what has been said and done is said and done and can't be changed. We only go forward from there.

I will say this, for a man who doesn't like to argue all the time, it seems to me that you are trying awfully hard to start one.

I am not a moderator, nor do I wish to ever become one, but I do welcome you back....I think any input to a conversation can be a positive thing.

I've stayed out of this but enough is enough --
With all due respect David, I really don't care if you stay or leave.
If you don't like it here please leave, If you want to stay, please stay.
But I'm really getting sick and tired of your whining and offended by your continuing threats to leave.

So please, make a decison and leave or quit whining and stay.

David, I don't get it, either. I have never felt I was on eggshells. I have ask good questions and very stupid questions. Never once was I beat down or belittled. I read the post that was locked. I remember what happened. I DON"T CARE. Time to move on. Opinions are like, well you know the rest. Do what ever makes you feel right. I would like to see you stay, I can always use a Hoosier for back up, but I won't beg you to stay.

And quite frankly, yep, you are acting like a troll. See you where ever you end up.

Normally I would stay away from posts like this. If I have an opinion that can be expressed civilly and unofensively, then I might post, but I usually steer clear of arguments and fights - which is why I like it here. I know I may have come down on the wrong side of an issue or two, but I have never felt that anyone here has ever held that against me. I've belonged to other forums like those hosted by some of the woodworking magazines and found them to be riddled with the steamroller tactics and elitists you refer to. I stay away from them.

My two cents - David, you have, by this post, impugned the good nature of not only this forum, but the members and elected leaders thereof. This is something I will argue for.

I have had the tremendous pleasure of meeting about 30 of the members of this forum face to face over the past 9 months and I can say without reservation that they have proven, through word and action, to be some of the kindest, most considerate, empathetic, generous, and goodhearted people God has placed on this planet. When I lost my wife last year to cancer about a dozen of these members opened their doors to me and allowed me to visit with them as I took a cross country trip to try and get my life back in order. many more of them traveled many miles, even across international borders, to meet with me at other member's homes. I was recently blessed by having a group of them stop at my home for a visit. My only regret is that I was unable to do more for them or spend more time with them during their visit.

David, if you do not see that this forum is indeed different from all the rest in that it is a safe harbor for pro and novice alike to share their love of woodworking then you are refusing to see what is right in front of you. I cannot offer you any guidance on staying or leaving other than to say that perhaps you and this family are not a good fit. This places blame on neither and only recognizes that not everyone will be happy here, no matter how hard we try. Should you decide to stay I look forward to your sharing your experience in woodworking with those of us who are less experienced. Should you leave I sincerely hope you find a forum home that is to your liking.

David,
Nothing here is going to change, it is what it is. So you can stay and ignore the people and things that bother you or go somewhere else. If you really think about it, it is no different here than any other forum... there are rules.. there are people above the rules... and people who don't like the rules. The rules are made by people who feel their morals are better than those *other* forums... but really it all boils down to "my way is right and yours is wrong".
There are a lot of great people here with a lot to offer just as much as there are people here that could use a good dose of common sense.
Currently, I'm on the "stay and ignore the people who just aren't worth the energy" boat since there are quite a few members that I enjoy chatting with and learning from.

KaLea, with all due respect (and by that I mean all the respect that's actually due), shut up. When was the last time you posted on a woodworking-related topic? Same question to David Freed.

You've been whining about "things will never change" and "people above the rules" and such for long enough. We get it. You're not happy. Fine. Get the sand out of your panties and deal with it. There are a number of rules and things here that I'm not particularly happy about either, but I'm not stamping my feet and whining about it at every opportunity.

If you (and David and all of his invisible friends) are so freakin' unhappy here, then go buy the software, rent some web hosting, and start your own forum. We did it four years ago or so; you can too.

And before you run off reporting this post too, keep in mind I'm not bashing. I'm speaking the facts.

Let me refer, once again, to the chapter on the care and feeding of trolls . . . ah, here it is "feed a fever, starve a troll".

Oh darn, I got tricked into responding again too! :rofl:

Last edited:
And Just to add a little moderation here folks, This place is about woodworking. Here's my suggestion for the day. Take it or leave it.

The sun is shining, the shop is waiting. Go out there and fire up your tools, make something, take a picture, come back in and make an On-Topic post. :thumb:

If you want to get into a never ending debate, there are literally MILLIONS of places to do that. I'd suggest starting with the on-line version of your local newspaper. Most of them have a comment section on every single article. Plenty of room to voice opinions. And if you want to start flame wars about your favorite blufl, might I suggest looking up 'rec.woodworking' using google. Plenty of people are still spoiling for a fight out there on marginally related woodworking topics.

I know I'm king of the Off-topic posts, but I'm going to go visit a new woodworking store in town, hopefully blow some cash on a book or tool, and come back to the shop and do something. :thumb:

Try it, I bet it will put a smile on your face, a spring in your step, and help you to just avoid and ignore these types of threads! :thumb:

I posted just the other day on the mug building thread actually.
I was merely pointing out to David that not everyone here likes all the rules or the people, but it is what it is and you accept that, follow the rules and stay... or don't. Staying doesn't mean you are saying you like everyone or the all the rules, it just means that there is enough other good stuff here for you to want to stay.

It is entirely up to you David--stay or leave. If you leave so be it. If you stay, don't stir up things. We like it here--if you don't like it there is always the option not to visit.

Come on people this is nothing more than a Troll trying to suck you in. Don't get all worked up over this just ignore it and let him fade into the darkness of the shadows. It just isn't worth getting worked up about.

42 posts in two years means to me, someone with little interest in this site, so, I, like others, leave the decision to go or stay to you, This is a country and site with basic freedoms. Among them is the ability to choose where you want to go and where you don't!

Bruce

PS: I will not look at any posts from you after today.