Arts and Crafts inspired coffee table

Russ Massery

Been away for some time good to see a lot on familiar face's still up here. A lot from the old Saw Mill Creek days.;) Here project that sat on the workbench for a 2-3 years waiting for me to finish.This was a project from a Fine Woodworking article from Kevin Rodel. Which I'm a big fan of. He mixes in influences from all forms of the Arts and craft movement. He's also a historian of the movement, and authored a book on the subject. I used the maple and walnut combo which I used in the adjoining kitchen table and chairs. The legs use the same design as the chairs. Finished with a coat of shellac and then Target Coatings EM6000. I'm waiting for the top to cure then I'll buff it out with Menzerna compounds. coffee table 001 (600 x 389).jpgcoffee table 002 (600 x 439).jpgcoffee table 004 (600 x 489).jpg

Very nicely executed Russ. I like that design. The pyramids on the top's corners echoing the through-teneons is a nice element that really draws the eye.

Very nice. I really like the legs. The breadboard ends I have mixed emotions on, I really like the faux through tenons; those are sexy. I'm not as sure about the pyramids off of the end, if nothing else they seem like they would be something I'd bang my knees on when walking by (but then I'm clumsy :D). I do like the pyramids on the underside though.