puter question?

larry merlau

i use the old windows xp, but my SIL is now using the new version. she has used photo gallery to download pics form camera to puter.. i was asked to see if i could get it working again and i couldnt find where they have a choice to pick and choose what pics they want brought in,, so my question is, i use microsoft scanner and camera wizard which gives me the choice to pick and choose.. will that work on the newer windows OS? thanks fer the help in this:)

For downloading, sorting, storing and simple editing, I found Picasa to be simple and reliable. And, unlike some software that comes with cameras and other hardware, it does not try to take over your computer. I believe Kodak is the worst, HP almost as bad. For most editing I use and older version of PhotoShop Elements.

For managing and editing, I used Picasa as well, but I think you're wanting to set the default option that comes up when the camera is plugged in. There is an option for using windows, and that may be what you want, but Picasa adds an option as well as will many other programs. I think you'll just need to plug in the camera and see which ones come up. There is an option at the top to make that the default option, but you'll need to click on it first.

Attachments

• options.jpg
    options.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 9
I use a Microsoft Digital Image 9, program to download and edit most of my pictures... I have Picaso on the system, but don't use it a lot... also have a version of print shop pro that I use for scans sometimes.... MDI9 will do really good scans though.

For managing and editing, I used Picasa as well, but I think you're wanting to set the default option that comes up when the camera is plugged in. There is an option for using windows, and that may be what you want, but Picasa adds an option as well as will many other programs. I think you'll just need to plug in the camera and see which ones come up. There is an option at the top to make that the default option, but you'll need to click on it first.

yes darren, you read my post correctly, for retouching i use the real deal in photoshop CS4 .. i use the micro soft scanning and camera wizard.. but would use something else that was already in there..any suggestions and they are using phot gallery which as it is set up now doesnt cut it:) what is the easiest to use. for some one not real versed in puter stuff?

I've only used the picasa software a couple of times to import and it's been easy to use. I've got an 85 year old uncle that actually introduced it to me and uses it exclusively. If he can use it, I'd recommend it to just about anyone. The plus side is that they can upload to their web albums from the same program for sharing. I think it's got a good set of editing tools that are easy to use as well.