Big snow coming

This one's missing us...Goint to the South of us, and heading straight toward you, Bill. Looks like it could get messy, too.

Stay warm and dry - and hire a kid to do the shovelling!

OK Bill...........My best Friend really loves us! last night on the way home I stop and pick up 2 pieces of Swordfish and a pound of extra large shrimp. Shelly gets home form work and dinner is almost done we then sit to watch .....what else for 1 and a half hrs. Woopie. Ok I can not sleep because of acid reflux from the tarter sauce and Old Bay, I know but I like it:rofl: Shelly works on a IEP for school. We both fall asleep late. At 7;30 I roll over and say ; did you alarm go off? she jumps out of bed and grabs the phone and calls school telling the person she is late. The guy on the other end has been a long time friend and Vice Principle and he sort of yells at her What Your kidding me. Then tells her school is closed:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It started early this morning, light snow, maybe we got 1-2 inches so far.
I hate this stuff already.

Im waiting on Fed Ex to make a delivery this morning then Ill have to see if its warm enough to do some mortise and tenon work for a couple of hours.
Doesnt seem too cold out today.

we are supposed to get 4" this afternoon Steve. My appointment called a few minutes ago and said the roads to her farm were bad. That dose not concern me but the hour and 15 minute drive is more like a 2-3 hour drive with the way the DC drives are so I canceled that one for the day.

OK Bill...........My best Friend really loves us! last night on the way home I stop and pick up 2 pieces of Swordfish and a pound of extra large shrimp. Shelly gets home form work and dinner is almost done we then sit to watch .....what else for 1 and a half hrs. Woopie. Ok I can not sleep because of acid reflux from the tarter sauce and Old Bay, I know but I like it:rofl: Shelly works on a IEP for school. We both fall asleep late. At 7;30 I roll over and say ; did you alarm go off? she jumps out of bed and grabs the phone and calls school telling the person she is late. The guy on the other end has been a long time friend and Vice Principle and he sort of yells at her What Your kidding me. Then tells her school is closed:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That is just plain mean. :rofl:
Sofa for you tonight. ;)

Stay warm Bill. I think that same front went past here. Like Steve said, it was pretty divided over the area. North KC got several inches, didn't have anything on our side of the city.

Need to get these weather patterns down. I can send some wood samples to Steve via a weather balloon. :rofl:

Take care, don't over do that snow shoveling, that is what kids are for!:wave:

Well, now they're talking thundersnow. I swear, I need to move back to California. And snow rates of 3" an hour:

http://www.accuweather.com/video/90462062001/first-snow-hits-hardnext-ro.asp

Geez. What's wrong with this world? Thundersnow, for goodness sake! ;)

Doorlink got up to take James to school. School was already closed, but she got the car up the driveway for later, with a little shoveling. Then she came back in to complain.

Me: "But darling, why didn't you wake me up? I would have shoveled."

She: "I needed something good to complain about!"

I swear, everywhere she looks, she sees opportunities of improvement! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Just saw it on news. Time for jokes to stop about y'all in the NE. So much snow is very serious business. And, some will be getting hurrican force winds. One newscaster called it a "snowicane".
Stock up on necessities, snuggle down, stay warm and safe.

Frank the ATV is in the hanger getting warmed up. Now all we need is the snow. I stepped out across the street for lunch and the temps dropped 5 deg's in seconds. So it's on the way. YeHa maybe the wife will lesson to the news in the morning this time :rofl:

Ice rain falling now, bigtime.

I only know that because Doorlink parked the truck on the road, and then left the lights on. So I was just out in the ice rain, jump-starting the pickup truck. It's like decent sized hail falling. :doh:

If I hadn't moved the truck, the plows couldn't have gotten through, and everyone would be stuck for the duration.

Should change to snow in the next few minutes. I'll know when the ice stops plinking off the window panes...

More later,

Bill

Last edited:
Frank the ATV is in the hanger getting warmed up. Now all we need is the snow. I stepped out across the street for lunch and the temps dropped 5 deg's in seconds. So it's on the way. YeHa maybe the wife will lesson to the news in the morning this time :rofl:

Good luck.
Actually, I never had much success with my ATV in snow.
Need a snowmobile but we don't get enough snow to justify one.

Bill do not go out there !!!!!

It only took me 45 minutes to go 7 miles. "G" I love my 4x4 van. Even the 4x4's were hanging up on the small hills and THE 2 WHEEL DRIVE NUTS I will not go there.
So far about 5" have dumped on us in 4 hrs. I was shoveling the driveway and the shy would light up with blues and greens. Transformers blowing through out the neighborhood. I hope we keep power !