Where in the World is Family Woodworking

glenn bradley

I am starting this thread as a "sightings" thread. I bought a Family Woodworking hat and plan to post pics of it (or me in it) in various locations. I urge you all to join in the reckless, silly and fun foolishness of this activity. Snap a shot of your coffee cup on vacation, your hat fly-fishing, your shirt flown as a spinnaker or laid 'cross muddy path for fair maiden. Here's mine:

On my head:

WITWIFWW-(1).jpg

On my bench:

WITWIFWW-(2).jpg

On top of my custom built "De-Pelter Quattro" sander [obscure 'Over the Hedge' reference]

WITWIFWW-(3).jpg

Okay, so I haven't even gotten out of the house yet. Just you wait.

Join in . . . Let's see 'em!

Last edited:
Fantastic Idea. Coffee cups should count too... Just too bad I don't have any trips planned in the near future.

Man, am I glad I got had this photo taken last summer when I was on top of Everest...

On%20Top%20of%20Everest%20in%20FW%20Cap.jpg

:D

Seriously, I like your idea, Glenn. Let's see how many interesting places our FW Ware can go. :thumb:

I am starting this thread as a "sightings" thread. I bought a Family Woodworking hat and plan to post pics of it (or me in it) in various locations. I urge you all to join in the reckless, silly and fun foolishness of this activity. Snap a shot of your coffee cup on vacation, you hat fly-fishing, your shirt flown as a spinnaker or laid 'cross muddy path for fair maiden...

Nice idea. Over on "WoodCentral" they've been doing this for years, and the WC hat has shown up everywhere from Machu Pichu to Nepal - along with numerous other - less exotic - places. Kinda fun to see where it'll turn up next.

Setting on one of the 1GB/s wireless devices we are deploying today. How'd you like to have a couple of these for shooting from your home office out to the shop :thumb: ?

WITWIFWW-Wireless.jpg

There are locations where we need to cross "protected" areas. No trenching for conduit or flying cable from poles allowed. In these cases we just accept lower speeds and shoot across until more infrastructure is brought in.

Last edited:
who is that wearing my hat?

oh, ok, shes ok, just having a little egg salad for lunch.

(pardon the entire mess, Im currently removing everything from upstairs office and bedroom as Im about to paint, rip carpet, rip wall paper, and build new built ins, so everything is piled up downstairs where ever theres room)

Attachments

• 100_1291.jpg
    100_1291.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 74
Nice idea. Over on "WoodCentral" they've been doing this for years, and the WC hat has shown up everywhere from Machu Pichu to Nepal - along with numerous other - less exotic - places. Kinda fun to see where it'll turn up next.

Machu Pichu?? Darn, too bad i didn't have my hat when I landed at the Minera Yanacocha at Cajamarca, Peru.... I will tell you this, when you transit from Houston, TX as 50 ft below sea level to Cajamarca at 14,000 feet, it get awfully tough breath.

OK I have been around a little in the past few weeks and finally have some time to post them, so here are a couple pics of my traveling hat, 1st is on the gulf coast in Alabama and second I even brought it to the hospital for fun:) Next month it will travel to the atlantic:thumb:DSCF2680.jpgphoto.jpg

If I can get a PM about how to obtain 2 hats, they will serve to cover my ears and a gift for a fellow member...ASAP if possible!